Where in the world is Bryan Arguez?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by apqjr, Aug 12, 2007.

1. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Was he in attendance for the LA game? I have not seen him in any pictures or read anything about him since he left for the U20 finals. I know he wasn't expected to help out too much this year.

2. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. He didn't play at all at the U20s. Good thing he's so young, otherwise he'd be wasting away here.

3. the_phlip

the_phlip New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    NoVA
    he was at the LA match...he is typically sitting in the Mezzanine seats close to where I am sitting right now. He is still practicing with the team and should get more practie time in now the U-20 WC is over. I speak to him every time I see him and ask when we will see him playing...

-rw

4. apqjr

apqjr Member

Aug 30, 2003
    PB Gardens, FL
    Awesome, thanks for the update!

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Goff was asked a few questions about this kid a couple weeks back. He said that Arguez is making progress but is still not close to seeing much, if any playing time. It doesn't help that we are rather deep at that position.

6. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    and that since he was drafted, the team has dumped the 3-5-2, and opted to go with 4 defenders -- further limiting is chances to get into a crowded DC midfield.

i'd imagine he'll see some minutes in the primetime Reserve League match v NYRB on 8/22.

7. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 players with caps ahead of you? Any other position on any MLS team where that can be claimed?

8. WFU03

WFU03 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Singapore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC - Home of the Defensive Midfielder

9. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Forward position for Chicago.

10. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    This is a perfect situation for the long term, though. He's learning how to play the midfield from multiple guys with caps who all have somewhat different styles.

Further, he sees the offensive points of midfield from Gomez and Fred and why a great workrate is helpful from Gros as well as Olsen. If he can take some of those pieces and integrate them into his game he will be a monster for DC in a year or two.