where have all the ecuas gone?!

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by LDU4ever, Dec 1, 2007.

1. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    nobody's been posting anything lately, its been a dead day on the board....ecuadawgs, Liga is on the heels of its 9th Championship!!!

and Barcelona stacking its team for next year?!
    Emelec doing the same thing?
    Valencia is back for Wigan...
    Mendez is back in form with PSV
    Perlaza might be going to the MLS or to the Mexican League
    Felipe Caicedo might make a move this transfer season to the Premier League or the Serie A....

c'mon fellas, lets start churning out some conversation!!

2. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have been thinking the same thing lately..I have been annoyed with emelec signing these cracks :D da la B...big moves made by the CC..I think Perlaza is not good enough to play in the Mexican league. I must admit I have not seen many games he has played in..but from what I have seen he has been average at best..

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like Perlaza because he's tall and has an incredibly good knack for dispossesing players from the ball even though hes tall and sorta clumsy like Crouch but he is still a pretty solid defender...I hate his haircut though....so 80's in the worst kind of way

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have been super busy at work lately so my little time here has been on the Germany and UEFA boards lately where so much has benn going on since Thanksgiving...Engalnd out of Euro's, Italy, France, Holland and Romania in the group of Death!! Wreder Bremen beats Real Madrid for the CL and best of all; Dortmund beat Stuttgart over the weekend!!! :D

I have also been slack on the "Ecuas Abroad". That's good to hear...any detailed news would be great!! It does not seem Red Star will make it out of their group for the UEFA Cup though.

As far as campeoonato nacional goes. I kinda lost interest after Barcelona didn't make the playoffs...so, I am excited that they are building up for 2008! It's about time we became a contender again!!

5. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too, lost interest after Barce didn't make it... but have you seen the build up that Barce is making !! Barce is out for blood.. we are in it to win.. it seems our new president is pumping lethal energy into the team among some new names are El Diablito Lara, and Rolando Zarate the Argie striker, Sessa is still with the team, we got Edmundo Zura, Pablo Palacios, Garces, etc.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am getting excited about it again now that this news has come to my attention. I really just kinda switched Barcelona 'off' for a while and with so much else going on in the world as far as football is concerned I just never looked back, waiting for January when things cooled off a bit in Europe to start checking out Barcelona again.

Anyways...good news. We should start (re-open) a Barcelona thread to discuss the up coming season!!

7. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most Defenitely ! My head is also in Europe right now.. lol

8. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't want to devote a complete thread to my question so I'll just ask it here...

Has anyone else heard news of Cuenca building a new stadium for the team? My buddy here at the U told me that it was in the works or that there was a proposal...I don't really know anything about it but maybe some of you guys out there know....

9. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Thats what they said a while back ago.

But seriously we should stop building stadiums. I think el Alejandro Serrano Aguilar is fine, maybe do some retouching.

But instead of spending millions on stadiums, invest that money on the youth teams.

I mean, what the hell did Aucas needed its own stadium for? nobody ever goes see them, they could of just shared the Atahualpa fine.

The smaller clubs should invest more on youth academy instead on white elephants.

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

at least the case "for the stadium" is that Cuenca's home audience is pretty loyal to the team considering that there's not much else to do in that town, the Serrano Aguilar is a good stadium but it might be too small for the city's fan base...in any case, it'll be a modern facility and will bring more money into the club, all of which will help the club run its other facilities...hopefully they can also invest in some training fields for the inferiores, that would be their best move if they decide to keep up with construction....as long as its a nice looking stadium thats cool with me because Aucas has to be the dumbest institution ever for having built that ************ stadium that nobody even paints or upgrades...its dangerous, old and will probably start falling apart any year now...thats also a big reason why the team is usually in financial troubles

11. Hyuuga Neji

Hyuuga Neji Member

Nov 20, 2007
    The Bay Area
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I visited Ecuador once, and I must say the food was very nice. Carry on with your conversation.

12. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    yeya!!

13. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Don't talk about food. I miss godd ol Ecudorian food. I do not know of a good place that serves a good ceviche. All these resturants in Bergenline Ave. are "ham and egg" joints. They stuff your plate with rice and give you a little bit of meat. Then they got the nerve to charge me 14 bucks. I had to yell out, "Pero I am Ecua! Que pasa with you?"

Any suggestions?

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador