Where does your EPL allegiance lie?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by aztec21bas, Aug 15, 2013.

1. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea. Why? The first ever soccer merch I got was a Chelsea scarf. It was a gift from one of my dad's friends.

2. dangit77

dangit77 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone but United. Why? Because I hate the Yankees! The weird thing is that I don't hate dynasties, in fact I think they're good for sports, I just like seeing them lose and someone else win for a change.

3. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great start to the season over the weekend! The Americans did great; especially Guzan. Altidore also did well but unfortunately he did not score. He at least did not look as poor as when he was with Hull. Nice wrap up this morning on the radio on SiriusXM; first the soccer show from 7-9; then Men in Blazers from 9-10.

4. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That sounds creepy.

5. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't owe allegiance to any EPL team and just picking one would be quite contrived. I'll admittedly be watching a lot this season, because NBC is providing awesome streams of all games, but in general I'll only be watching games with Americans playing or the big sides just because it's usually good soccer.

CyphaPSU repped this.
  6. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs. PBS.......Villa and Ossie........have a good friend who immigrated from there who has helped with some of the history over the years. Turns out -culturally at least-I made the right choice by accident.
    Like Smash, Bundesliga first choice. MGB is family.

7. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it does. But he knew that I was becoming a big soccer fan. So when he went to London to visit his sister (she lives two blocks from Stamford Bridge) in 2009, he shipped my dad a Chelsea FC scarf f0r me.
    Its better than saying "I chose Man U/Chelsea/Man City because they win all the time."

8. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the ball City!

[​IMG]

Been a Norwich fan since I was in High School/College in the 90's. They were having some of their best league performances, and I was able to follow them through teh Internets. First EPL team to ever beat Bayern Munich on their home turf in UEFA Cup play!

It's been up and down since then, but I've stayed true to them (must be the Philadelphia fan in me.) Really looking forward to this season. Once we get through some injury problems we may have a fairly decent season. Opening day draw vs. Everton was very promising.

9. GeoNova

GeoNova Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Havertown, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've supported Crystal Palace since spending a few summers in the area in the mid-1980s. They had a few good years back then with Ian Wright scoring goals. Finished 3rd one year and made the FA Cup final. Back then I either had to listen on shortwave radio or get week-old London newspapers at the university library to get scores. Up and down history since then. Can claim to have been relegated out of the Premier League more often than any other team.

10. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea supporter, adopted Grandmother was from Kensington. Been to Stamford Bridge twice.

KTBFFH

11. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Where were you today? Circa 8 of us were at Tir Na Nog. Be there on Monday when Chelsea plays ManU!

12. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live on the jersey shore. Tough for me to make it to Philly. I'll get to one this season, I'm sure.

Ruud11 repped this.
  13. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't particularly support any one team. I figure the EPL being on T.V. here will help me settle on a team. I generally like watching Liverpool, Swansea, Sunderland, and Norwich.

14. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't really call myself a 'supporter' of any Euro teams, and I'm more interested in the Bundesliga than the Premiership, but I generally hope for Everton to do well, since they have a history of giving Americans a shot and they generate great players and decent results without spending a zillion dollars

15. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each season my "allegiance" shifts towards whichever clubs are consistently giving minutes to American players. :thumbsup:

16. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My allegiance is, and always will be, with Everton. However, like you, my interest lies with the clubs who give minutes to our American players.