Where does Colombia stand at the moment?

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by dapip, Aug 29, 2007.

1. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bingo!!! lamentablemente pinto quiere cambiar la mustang a la premier leage...

2. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Colombia es un mar de dudas

Lo único que dejó en claro el partido del miércoles para la Selección, más allá de la victoria 1-0 ante Paraguay, es que falta mucho para que se pueda tener un equipo compacto que pueda afrontar de buena manera las eliminatorias.

More...

3. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got into this forum because I do like the Colombian team.. I root for Colo's nat team when they play except of course against Ecuador... but I believe you are wrong in the stereotype of Ecuas hating on the Colo's NT.. maybe Peruvians?? I dunno.. but yea.. and trust me Colombia should be the last country to be looking down on any country I tell ya! .. lol You guys are also an Andean nation or did you forget?? but yea.. apart from that the 90's golden age of Clombia is over but doesn't mean you guys are done for... I believe its time for rebuilding the team..

As I see now.. the only sure thing in CONMEBOL.. is this:

1)Brazil
    2)Argentina
    3)Paraguay

4)Ecuador, Colombia, Uruguay

5)Peru
    6)Venezuela
    7)Bolivia

4. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Paraguay lost 3-2 to Venezuela, which you have listed as number 6, they were also goaled to death by Mexico 6-0. And finally they lost to us 1-0. Their own coach has stated that the 5-0 was an accident and shouldn't have happened, I don't know about their placement on your score card. Also, I hate to break it to you, but the last two times Ecuador and Colombia have played, we have scored 3 goals in every game, with completely different players. Whereas Ecuador scored none the first game and with the same exact set of players they scored one. I think the placement is more like this:

1) Brazil

2) Argentina (barely beat Australia, a team that had barely made it out of the ASian Cup! And Australia was also missing its four Euro-based "super-stars". The winning goal was also scored by a defender. Lost to Brasil and only scored one gol, an autogol. They lost thier first friendly against Norway)

3) Uruguay (I say this because the potential in these players is excellant), Paraguay, Chile( I place them before because they showed really good futbol against Austria), Colombia, Peru (I say this because I think they have a great team right now), Ecuador.

4) Venezuela

5) Bolivia, (I would love to see Bolivia classify to number 1 before I'm gone in this world)

5. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

By the way the Last two games Ecuador played against Colombia were the one before the Copa in which Colombia won 3-1 at home in Barranquilla and the one before that was a tie in Giants Stadium in New Jersey 1-1.

I knew I forgot a team.. CHile! they have gotten better... but still after seeing the Ecuador and Chile game at the Copa.. I still believe Ecuador is better ... everyone agrees... Ecuador should not have lost that game.. but hey futbol es futbol...

As for your #3 ... I believe.. Chile should not be included there just yet.. they still need to show a bit more.. but they are not far from being contenders for #3 ....I don't see Peru being better than Ecuador.. In Spain Ecuador les dio un baile.. 2-0 in Barcelona.. and in Madrid.. they beat us thanks to an autogol (2-1)... and on top of that we scored a goal...

So including Chile in the picture.. I see it this way:

1)Brazil

2)Argentina

3)Uruguay, Ecuador, Paraguay, Colombia

4)Chile, Peru

5) Venezuela

6) Bolivia

p.s. you can't take into account bad games... didn't Colombia lose to Venezuela in Barranquilla in the last WCQ's ?? Doesn't mean they are better than Colombia.. so just keep in mind these flukes... but now if you said Brazil beat Colombia.. then that just a different story....

6. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Find three people who aren't Ecuadorian that will agree with your listing and I will give you a dollar.

7. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Frankly I don't talk for all Ecuadorians... if that's what you are thinking... I speak for myself... There will be Ecuas who might think otherwise and some that might agree.. but in the end.. those were just my thoughts. The last thing I want to do is speak for a whole ppl. I'm sure there are Colombians who wouldn't side with you either... but for the most.. I think I was being analytical in what I stated... everyone has their own opinions when it comes to futbol.

p.s. by the way.. my #3 isn't in any specific order.

8. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    trust me, i will give Mr. Paisa one dollar is we can find any Colombians to agree with HIS listing :D
    Going by friendlies.. Paraguay hasn't been able to beat Venezuela at home and away and lost to Pinto's team.. so what?

Ranking teams based on cheesy friendly games is definitely not an exact science.
    Let's just wait until the qualifiers begin to see who is who..

9. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    I really dont see how we can still rank ourselves at three...The last WCQ we finished 6th leaving us out and the last official tournament we participated in we were the biggest dissapointment, three measley points against a USA B squad and we had to time waste for 30 min to keep the result pretty pathetic. With our talent and exported players we SHOULD be 3rd but the results do not lie remember the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem :p