Where do we go from here????

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by melwood, Oct 4, 2003.

1. melwood

melwood New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    I know I'm not suppose to panic but we've already lost three games and that is no benefit if we want to get into the Champions League.

What's wrong with the team??? We seem to score but let in goals at the back. I read in the papers where some of the local supporters are saying that we are missing the Hypia-Henchoz defence.

Do you think this is true? Or maybe, we should think about bringing in another central defender to beef things up.

I don't know but I'm am feeling really down. We really need to slip out from this slump and do it real fast.

2. footie guy

footie guy New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    London
    i think it's just the manager... but that's just me. the squad does well as a whole, but the defence is shaky at best.

3. footie guy

footie guy New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    London
    it could be worse. at least you're above wolves.

4. shankly

shankly New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    oakland
    could be the manager. I think we could use some to do some good olde fashioned bollockin'.

Houllie seems to be content to sit and mull over the idea of red or white wine to accompany his roasted garlic.

Henchoz is not the answer to the defense. he knows how to play with hyppia but it looks like he has lost a step. with the roster hit so hard with injuries it looks like we will just have to suffer and endure.

at least we have 17.

5. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    You do know that Henchoz has been out injured for some time and that Biscan has been playing at the back?

and that with Carra out injured Biscan is probavly the most consistant defender amongst the lot of them so far this season?

6. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, when I first read it I thought he meant Hyypia and just got the names crossed up. Since I have my fair share of PWIs (posting while intoxicated), I should hardly be the first to cast stones on a slipup like that.

7. shankly

shankly New Member

Aug 29, 2003
    oakland
    yes i am quite aware that henchoz has been out injured. however the times i have seen him play he has looked a step slow. maybe he will regain his form with more playing time but i noticed his slow down last year when he was relatively healthy.

I also think biscan is not a very good central defender. granted with the injuries and what not he is our most consistent defender.

sorry i think i did not phrase my last post very well.

8. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    We should be aiming to qualify for the Champions League next season. That is a realistic goal, something I think our squad can achieve if they work hard and have some better luck with injuries.

9. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We do have at least 2 more matches with Blackburn. That's 4 more broken legs right there.

I think even with 4th spot, we're a longshot to keep Little Mikey from setting sail. We might have a nail in the coffin already, in that regard . . .