Where are you watching the game tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by thegamesthatrate, Jul 16, 2011.

1. thegamesthatrate

Jan 9, 2007
    This is a soccer game for America tomorrow. It promises to be potentially a riveting and memorable contest.

Where are you watching tomorrow, and why?

2. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having lunch with some friends at a barbecue place (Red, Hot & Blue) that has a sort-of sports bar in one corner. If there are enough kindred spirits there, I may stay for the game. Else I'll just come up and prop up in bed.

3. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    I'm visiting my sister in NYC. We were planning to go to a friend's viewing party to watch but she is sick, so it looks like espn3.com in bed! I might get some beer, at least.

4. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Lion Tavern - a German bar in Silverlake (Los Angeles).

They were good enough to open for most of the 9AM games (pretty amazing, don't you think?) - I gotta be loyal. Also, they'll probably let me play some music before the game. Born in the USA, for Megan, baby!

5. coachbrann

coachbrann New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Rheinlandpfalz
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will be watching it on TV in Germany

6. htide

htide Member

Jul 28, 2007
    I was going to go to local sports bar with friends, but I decided to stay home and watch. During the semi final, random screaming by soccer newbies really annoyed me and it was all I could do to say white, when some guy asked which color jersey the us were (I mean for the love of peat). Plus I am going to be too nervous to eat or do anything else.

7. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Oh damn! I wish I had read this before. I went to Santa Monica!!!

8. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish I read it before I saw the final too, I was at ESPN Zone and it was packed during the game

9. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dianamo & sisterluke - Well, it sounded like fun where you went. (Where did you go, dianamo? King's Head? Cock and Bull?)

I should've given the heads up earlier but I also had no idea whether enough people were showing at the Red Lion to make it fun. As it turned out, the downstairs was packed. It was great.

10. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    Cock and Bull... huge screen
    two jack and coke, one cider...

;)

11. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh man, two jacks and coke in the daytime. I'm too old for that...