When will USA and Mexico play again? the re-match, Part II

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Sep 16, 2002.

1. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what it is about Jones that gets the El Tri players so riled up?

2. The Hunter

The Hunter New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Stuttgart
    Its got to be the hair. :)

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Yep. Until Mexico defeats us in World Cup knockout play, they are officially Our Bitches(TM).

US-Germany is building into a healthy rivalry, but it'll never be anything like US-Mexico (especially since a lot of Americans' second team is Germany).

Alex

4. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Normally a friendly game does not mean much. But a friendly game against Mexico always means something to Mexico.

That is why a lot of friendlys with Mexico is very important for our development. Our only problem is to get that into the heads of our players, that this is no ordinary friendly.

Mexico already knows that it is a big match expecially after burning their arse in the WC :)

I think another important friendly would be against the Dutch.

I think now is the time to start playing European powers. We don't play them enough teams like Italy, England, and Germany. Even beating them in a friendly is a big deal for us.

I nice friendly would be against Turkey. A lot of Turkish Americans in NYC. There are at least 4 adult amature clubs that play here. Some are directly supported by people sending money from Turkey. Turks are great fans of the game. They would come out of the woodwork over here to watch their national team play here on the east coast.

My daughter lives in Germany. A lot of turks live in Germany she told me that country went wild during this WC both the Turks and the Germans.

5. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    "I wonder what it is about Jones that gets the El Tri players so riled up?"

Your kidding right? Some teams like our team have a habit of trying to shield the ball in the corners to waste time late in the game.

If I was a player, and he tried that with me I would be chopping at his legs (trying to go for the ball, but I just missed.) until I broke his leg. Then after he went down, and if the ball was still in play. I would take a shot at the ball, and miss and catch him by accident in the face while going for the ball. Dangerous play on him, he put himself in a position to get hurt by being off his feet. Also by doing that bullshiite tactic.

I think this tactic blows, maybe that is why they went after him.

Want to waste time, just use the back space, and move the ball around the field then again use the back space.

Richie

6. Marcio

Marcio New Member

Jul 17, 2002
    Mexico new Coach

Mexico is about to sign Bianchi or Felipao!

This will make them much more competitive and should bring the level of Concacaf soccer up

I doubt US will be called by Conmebol, USSF shun Copa America few years back and that will not be forgotten...

Regards