When to sell, when to keep training?

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by kopiteinkc, Apr 14, 2004.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A player will never get training twice so I should avoid playing starters in friendlies where possible, correct?

Thanks for all the help Helghallen

2. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Avoid starting players in training positions twice or in any other position.

If you are training midfield and have a player play there on Sunday, on Wednesday don't play him at all (in any position).

Your starters in other non-training positions like defenders, forwards, goalies can remain the same for both matches if you wish.

And as for the help from Helghallen, he learned from the best ;)

3. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goalkeeper training is attractive as a startup -- you only need two trainees, which you can get for under $200k, and it trains quickly -- but I'm not sure how viable it is as a long-term strategy. In terms of the investment in time and training, high-level goalkeepers are undervalued. Every other primary training skill appears to generate a lot more cash from trainee sales if you train up to a high level (e.g. World Class), assuming the numbers I've seen for it are correct.

The only possible mitigation here is that due to faster training speed, it's feasible to go higher with keepers than it is with anything else but wingers -- and there may still be some additional money to wring out of the top end that would even things up.

Regardless, if I don't promote at the end of this season, I'm going to take a serious look at changing my training.

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    All good advice, and there you go Mark again, that incredible modesty.

5. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    yes you're right. i also think goal tending should not be long term. At most, two seasons.

I had my brother train goaltending. He got 17 yo high passables for $150 000 each. He sold one of his solid players and wretched stamina palymakers and got a passable coach and some excellent stamina, passable playmakers.

He didnt even need to train stamina (as it is negligible for any other position than playmaking). In two seasons, his keeper will be close brilliant. He plans to sell them for $6 million dollars total and train swithc training.

Only position that can make as much money at start-up is defending. Each trainees can be sold for over 500 000 in two seasons. Scoring is also extremely easy to train as well. Low start up cost and good solid return.

With that being said, playmaking is by far the least profitable thing to train initially (sucks to be me).