When Random Jibberish is riding in a time machine way far into the future...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Goodsport repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well I mostly meant the the Al Davis 1970 -1980 legacy.....

4. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Don, it honestly feels as if you're trying to drive me from posting on the boards. If that's your intent, it's definitely working as I grow very tired of these ridiculous "misunderstandings" where you purposefully (or maybe genuinely ignorantly) try to frame my posts as things they aren't.

If you thought my comment about breaking the Coliseum lease agreement was genuine and not a statement meant to invoke what would be a cathartic feeling, then I don't know what to tell you. If you thought my dry statement about the Raiders not being relevant was not in jest, I also don't know what to tell you. Maybe you know me better than I know myself, but I'm pretty sure I know what my intent was when I wrote those things.

But I honestly grow very tired of this kind of hounding. You're clearly more interested in antagonization than genuinely making an attempt to understand what others post on the board. Your obsession with the technical details of posts rather than their intent, even after that intent is clarified, is very telling and it's not something I'm going to engage with anymore. So congratulations, I guess? Your superior intellect got me. Well done.

5. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I know, I was trying to have some fun. For what it's worth, I agree that the Davis' legacy is extremely mixed at best, and I don't think many see their ownership of the team overall in a good light.

6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    :rolleyes:

7. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm not trying to drive you away, nor am I interested in antagonizing you. I love to argue (I do it for a living), and I'm friends with many posters here with whom I occasionally share a difference of opinion. So, I welcome your input (believe it or not.) But I'm sure as hell not "misunderstanding" you and the "technical details of [your] posts" (i.e., errors).

You piss me off when you pretend the issue is my failing to comprehend your supposed "dry" humor rather than you saying something earnestly off-base and then refusing to acknowledge your error. You're not posting in good faith. That's the problem here.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Goodsport repped this.
  9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little bird told me that as well (maybe the same little bird?). :)

If it’s true, then that is f-ing awesome! :thumbsup:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

falvo repped this.
  10. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    “50 years of existence, four years of relevance”?

:laugh:

Earthshaker and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  11. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    And 10 years of having no D1 team at all...

bsman repped this.
  12. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  13. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This is the last I'll say on the matter. If you really don't think I approach my conversations here in good faith, then I think that reveals more about you than it does me. It also reveals to me that this is no longer the place for me. The Quakes have been less and less interesting to me over time as I get older and find my time being drawn to other things. My time here has likewise been less and less enjoyable.

So, good news is I won't piss you off any more with posts. I'll revel in this L I'm taking.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    This was your quote in reply to me, starting the "conversation" about the supposed irrelevance of the Raiders post-John Madden:

"Winning and relevance are not the same thing ;)."

Your sideways glance emoji was offensive in suggesting I'm a moron for thinking the Raiders remained relevant after John Madden. Even if for sake of discussion you were making a (dry humor) joke about the Raiders' relevance (I don't believe it), the way you approached the "conversation" with me about your assertion was not appropriate or respectful. You could have simply said you were making a joke or that my sarcasm meter was broken. Instead, you chose to insult me. So, yes, your good faith in posting is definitely in question.

The answer here is not to turn tail and run, but to approach the "conversation" in a more respectful manner.

JazzyJ repped this.
  15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hope they bring back the Red- Clad Jersey!

[​IMG]

16. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #13616 don gagliardi, Sep 26, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    "Outlaw" Bills mascot? I had no idea!! @Goodsport

Sean Kirst: 50 years later, outlaw Buffalo Bills mascot remains legend

. . . “It was something forbidden, something the team clearly didn’t want,” . . .

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/...cle_5ca74470-5340-11ee-b6a7-736c40bed733.html

Goodsport repped this.
  17. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope you stay on the boards I like your posts, your one of the few people here who rationally keep things sane.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTT

I think this forum is littered with a bunch of bags of wind with nothing relevant to discuss rather then push their opinions to denounce others opinions or even facts, as a shit on a shingle if it doesn't fit their narrative.

I personally could ruin a reputation of a player on the teams thats beloved for being a dick pic sending sexually harassing weirdo but again, it doesn't fit the narrative.

I myself have refrained from posting as much anymore other then in spirts because I'm tired of the arguing, and people bringing the absolute worst out of me.

This team sucks anyways.

TyffaneeSue and mjlee22 repped this.
  18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNBA to the Bay (possibly).

19. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Kaitlyn, please don't leave us, @hc897.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  20. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    @hc897 - thirding the request that you stay. Put the bullies and blowhards on ignore. Most of us are halfway decent, working on it, or already fully evolved/aspirational for everyone else (ie Kaitlyn)

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    #13621 JazzyJ, Sep 27, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    Since hc's beef here is mainly with @don gagliardi, I can only assume that's who you are referring to as a "bully or blowhard". Don can be argumentative as can a lot of us, myself included, and he freely admits it. But he is neither a "bully" nor a "blowhard", and for the most part these kinds of things are 2-way and not the fault of one party only. Takes two to tango, as they say.

I will say this. We are probably the "snipiest" forum on BigSoccer, and it's probably not even close :laugh:.

22. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    you could always migrate over to the sj earthquakes Reddit. The discussions aren’t quite as frequent, or in depth, but the lack of a certain poster(who has never been wrong in the history of mankind) sets it apart from here in my opinion

23. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Jazzy posts on Reddit?:p

For the record, I am joking.

Kaitlyn repped this.
  24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    I do, from time to time. There's no escape! Hah! :)

25. Golazo69

Golazo69 Member+

Aug 2, 2017
    Jazzys reasoning generally goes beyond “but I had dinner with that played 20 years ago and he said different”.

In all seriousness, jazzy’s Reddit comments and comments here are generally well-thought out, even if I disagree with most of them

TyffaneeSue repped this.