Whay about Jan Koller?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    Is he good enough to play for Liverpool?

2. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. Whay about him?

Not only that, whay the hell is this doing in its own thread? :)

At the risk of being hypocritical, (when has that ever stopped me?), I will now tell you why I don't want to be on the receiving end of a deal for Frau Koller:

1) He's be 32 years old after this season. We need a long-term solution, not a one or two season fix.
    2) Why pay ANY fee for a 31 year old, regardless of how much it will be reduced on the senior citizen discount.
    3) His wage demands would be in the neighborhood of 50k a week, which we can't afford regardless of the first two.

Solid target man though. Too bad the whole money thing gets in the way.

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOFL. I just spewed tea all over my monitor laughing so hard! Reputation on the whay. :D

4. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    again I'm stymied by the fact that I only want to give rep to you Elf, Lanky, Scouse, and Kopite --- Can someone else post something I can giver rep to? Damn board wouldn't let me honor this post.

5. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's OK. I'm not a big fan of the rep system anyway. Knowing that I contributed in short circuiting your monitor is reward enough. :)

6. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    ok what about James Beattie?

7. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    If he is so good, why is Borussia Dortmund playing so badly, they are likely to head straight down to Bundesliga 2?

Same as above. :rolleyes:

8. XabiAlonso

XabiAlonso New Member

Nov 11, 2004
    München
    That's a gross oversimplification. This isn't the place to go into a discussion of Dortmund's problems - though I will happily discuss them if you insist - but to blame Jan Koller is laughable.

He's a decent enough player and links very well with Milan, but I don't think that he would fit into our style of play as Rafa seems to want to develop it.

9. Russian Scouser

Russian Scouser Red Card

Nov 17, 2004
    that Lundun
    Which is, in your opinion?

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That's a key point. We must not let the "striker crisis" blind us to the continued value of long-term thinking. Sure, we need to reinforce this January and if all we can get is a stop gap then we must take it. But we should not be casting about with that as our main motivation. Our main motivation must remain the signing of a top-class forward with a good portion of his career ahead of him. And Jan Koller, thoughts about his quality aside, doesn't fit that bill.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And just to reiterate a point - please don't start individual threads like this. We have a thread about the January transfer window in which this would have been perfectly well housed. New, individual threads should be about topics that are not covered in any existing thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

12. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bloody great fascist :D