What's with Dema on CLTV?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by redzin, Aug 13, 2002.

1. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    What's with Dema?

Anyone catch Kovelenko on CLTV last night? I think they need to put him on suicide watch or something. I've never seen a guy so down in the mouth during a televised interview. He couldn't have been more depressed (or maybe disnterested?) if he tried.

Get the guy some prozac or something.

I hope his head clears because they're really gonna need him to finally get hot if we're to have any chance down the stretch.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well here is a guy who wants to impress and does work hard but has gone all season without scoring a goal. I would have been surprised if he was happy go lucky. He never made eye contact with Lou, and he did seem to be apologizing the whole show, as well he should.

3. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Re: What's with Dema?

If he'd been chipper and upbeat then everyone would jump on him for not caring that he hasn't been playing well. At least he has the decency to feel and express shame when it's merited.

4. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I was watching that with some non Fire friends and even i agreed on turning it off after a few minutes.

5. redzin

redzin New Member

Jan 6, 2000
    I wasn't suggesting he should be happy. But when making a public appearance on behalf of the entire organization I'd think he'd at least want to appear a little more composed.

Don't get me wrong, he's got a lot to hang his head about but 1) we need him focused for Wednesday 2) act interested when doing PR work.

Dema's probably my favorite guy on the club. I was just noting how utterly depressed he seemed.

6. Pyro

Pyro Member

Apr 18, 2000
    Fulton River District
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He kept on saying that the problem this year is that no one has stepped up and filled the Nowak/Armas role.

Anyone got a mirror??

0 Goals and 4 Assists - Those are all-star numbers?

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    7 assists but yeah, I agree. even after considering that 3 of those assists have been "game winning" ones, I'd still say it was a bit shady for him to be an all-star this year.

8. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team has the worse record it ever has had at this point in the season and he can't buy a goal, I would be depressed to.
    Also while he has been in the U.S. for a while, English is his second language and he doesn't really seem too comfortable in interview situations.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    You have to feel for the guy. He is in a serious funk. We all know he is talented and able. His problems are mental. Don't know how you fix that. It's got to be tough.

10. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    The trouble is that Nowak and Armas play completely different roles. No one player can fill both. Dema is no Nowak and I think we all knew that going into this season. Then again, how many players in MLS history have ever been on Nowak's level at his position?