what's up with Fox Sports World?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by rafaelj, Dec 2, 2004.

1. rafaelj

rafaelj New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's up with Fox Sports World?

after taking away the Sunday game, they gave up first choice to Setanta for the Saturday match - which is really bad enough - but for the last weeks I noticed that even when Setanta didn't pick the 'top' match, FSW would go to a weird choice - and every week it's Hertha Berlin ... so this week again: instead of Nürnberg-Bayern we get Hertha-Gladbach which is number 9 against number 15 - WHY? WHY? WHY? - is someone at the FSW office in L.A. a secret Berlin fan? - I haven't seen a 'top' match on FSW in weeks - What is going on??

Please write to FSW and demand better choices for our money (I only got DishTV so that I could have Sat morning Bundesliga): programming@foxsportsworld.com

2. Bayrene83

Bayrene83 New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    This is really pissing me off. I have written to FSW on numerous occasions and they seem to ignore the complaints. I can’t understand why they don’t show bayern games. When was the last bayern game they showed? And btw in there anyway to get setanta? Thanks

3. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wrote a few times and all we need to do keep up!! This is unbelievable :(

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    When I was in LA, I purposely subscribed to FSW just for Bundesliga matches, and if this is the trend I will cancel it.

5. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've asked this before, but is it in fact the case that FSW only gets second choice of the Saturday games? And if Setanta does have first choice, is it the case that they will tend towards games featuring Latin Americans?

Personally, I'm delighted that I don't have to watch Bayern week in and week out. Variety is the spice of life, so they say. That being said, the Hertha/Gladbach game is an odd choice. If Setanta has first choice, it is probably fair to assume that they grabbed the Leverkusen/Wolfsburg game, since that appears to be the best of the Saturday match-ups. But "better" games than Hertha/Gladbach (and I say this as a Gladbach fan who is delighted that I get to see them for the first time under Advocaat tomorrow) include Hamburg/Hannover (which has the added advantage of featuring both US and Canadian players) and maybe even the FCN/Bayern game (assuming it's in Nuremberg). I'm afraid that the Hertha/Gladbach game may be a rather dour affair.

Anyway, if FSW gets to pick and choose its games (with limits), maybe we should encourage them to include on their website a "viewer's choice" poll each week for the game its audience would most like to see, and then occasionally (not all the time, lest it become Fox Sports Bayern) broadcast the reader's choice.

On balance, though, I'm just happy that we get one almost-live game per week (even if it is a second choice). At the top of the my wishlist would not be a "first choice" game but to get the Sunday game back (even, again, if we have to take a backseat to Setanta's broadcast preference).

6. robbydee

robbydee New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Cincinnati, USA
    This really pisses me off. Bayern is NEVER on. Are there any other ways to watch Bundesliga games other than FSW?

Also ... how can I watch Champion's League games in America? Anyone?

7. Bayrene83

Bayrene83 New Member

Dec 3, 2004
    you can watch all bayerns CL games on their website. you would have to get FCB champions or you can subscribe to Uefa.com and watch all the CL matches. as far as the bundesliga goes. i wish that bayerns website finds a ways to broadcast the full matches

8. MRschizoid21

MRschizoid21 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How to watch Champions League in America?
    BUy a ticket to Europe.

9. rafaelj

rafaelj New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    You can watch all Champions League matches of the week on uefa.com - there's an annual subscription fee of $35, but as of 4 p.m. you have a choice of either quick highlights (1 min), extended highlights (10 mins) or the whole match - you only need the (free) Real Player and preferably DSL or cable modem.

The Bayern website offers an annual subscription too - but they use Windows Media Player and they have the matches encoded at a higher bit-rate so you need a much faster connection. I prefer Real Player because if Window Media Player has connection trouble, the audio just keeps going with a frozen image, Real Player is much better to handle.

The only problem with both is that you have to find a way to navigate to the page without seeing the result of your match - I usually open the window for that page in the morning, make it so small that I can only see the part with the choices of which video to see and then at 4 p.m. I just refresh the page.

10. Stalteri Rules

Stalteri Rules New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto ON

We watch Champions League games on TSN (The Sports Network) in Canada, and the announcer always talks about what's up next on ESPN, so maybe they show the odd game. We get 2-3 games every two weeks. Good luck... and I like the suggestion of buying a ticket to Europe!! Definitely authentic!

11. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yes this is indeed becoming too much...

it really hurts that theyve shown only two bayern games so far...

if they fail to show the bayern-stuttgart game this month, thats all she wrote, for me...

12. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    as good as the other shows are on this channel, im a bayern fan, and i dont care much about watching city vs villa live especially when the great bundesliga matches are being sacrificed, unlike previous years...

i dont even get back from work in time to catch the bundesliga highlights show which is at a simply horrible time...

something has to change - theyre literally holding us ransom cos we've got no choice here in the US

13. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Shut up you philistines, they're finally responding to my letters castigating them for preferring Bayern to Gladbach.

14. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    According to soccertv.com, FSW is gonna show Bayern VFB next saturday. Have you guys realized that everytime they show a Bayern game (only twice), its always away. Hopefully this will change on the 11th.

15. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    Why should we have to see Bayern all the time? There are actually people that don't like Bayern.
    By the way, they've shown:
    Hamburg v. Bayern
    Werder Bremen v. Bayern
    Dortmund v. Bayern
    Gladbach v. Bayern

already four this season, and they're showing them play Stuttgart next week.
    I'd rather watch the Bundesliga teams that actually DEVELOP most of their talent.

16. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bayern4Life, soccertv had Nurnberg_Bayern until yerserday! and they changed it, so it's a long way until next Saturday, and I want all the antiBayern people here to know that even though I am Bayern supporter I do want to see other games too, but this weekend the Bavarian derby should have been more apropriate to be shown rather than Hertha-M'gladbach. Herthe was 4 times on FSW in 5 or 6 weeks. Let's hope next week we can watch Bayern-Stuttgart

17. lamcam

lamcam Member

May 19, 2004
    California
    I'm sick of watching Hertha Berlin everyweek. Hope FSW will show other games in the future.

18. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Do you guys remember the first weekend in the Bundesliga this season? Allan Hopkins announced that we won’t have the Sunday game anymore and from now is QALITY over QANTITY!!!! Now we have the quality and quantity too

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    AMEN! Hertha Berlin has only Marcelinho (who actually IS worth watching), but remember Hertha Berlin is 9th and BMG is 15th.....not exactly a really stunner of a match in store for us fans of the Bundesliga. Oh well, I really want top of the table matches and especially the Dortmund vs. Schalke 04 derby this week.....the most famous derby, so I have heard, in all the Bundesliga.

20. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Show they in any times Bayern vs. Bayern?
    I would love it to see. (I would order it in europe) but only if the four horsemen ride in this game.

21. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    That was a very exciting and competetive game that they showed today!!!!!!!!!!!

22. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Ok, Nuremberg vs. Munich is an everlasting, and it was very exciting.
    But that is not the matter, they show Munich vs. FC Karl Soest.

When they show Munich vs. good Clubs that is not a problem.
    But they show really Munich vs. Karl Arsch.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You guys are lucky...I live in Ecuador and Fox Sport Americas did away with the Bundesliga completly a few years ago. I got no way to watch German footy unless it's CL via ESPN. I have written to them as well but no answer (wasn't really expecting one either).

FoxSports Americas should actually be called Fox Sperts Argentina since it is almost all they show. The commentators are soooooo arrogant its unbelievable. All they do is talk about Argentine players even if the match is between Crystal Palace and Manchester City (yes, they do show the EPL) but other than that its a bunch of fat greasy guys sitting at a tabe talkning about River and Boca and the Argentine natioanl team and. It gets pretty old.

Plus they keep bringing up the fact that Fifa F+cked them in Italy 90 and made sure Germany won the final after Maradonas "hand of god" in Mex 86. It can get pretty pathetic. It was a fun channel to watch during Japan-Korea 02, though, thats for sure. :D

24. brandonFC

brandonFC New Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Just East of Tampa
    I agree with crismerz09, ANY Bundesliga is BETTER than no Bundesliga. Why doesn't everyone that is unhappy with what games are being broadcast on FSW just call them and complain. That way they can just yank the BL and become the EPL network for once and for all.
    Be thankful that we get a match a week and the BL highlight's show, I know I am!

25. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    No BL is worse than ************ matches BL, but that doesn't stop the frustration from seeing something done poorly. If that ************ Irish firm that hopefully will go out of business gets first dibs than so be it. FSW could at least make sure they select the second best game to show. I've seen little evidence that they do so.

So, we are once again left not even getting the first through third best games this week. In fact, I'm not certain we didn't get the worst pick of this upcoming week.