What's up with Boniek?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Aug 28, 2014.

1. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    #1 AcetheTigah, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    I know being a new father is a big change in your life - but dang, WHAT"S UP W? BONIEK?

Our DP worthy player is not performing to his full capacity -

[​IMG]

2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think that it's a World Cup hangover. His hamstring may be not 100% either.

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    All those Honduras callups and his style of play have slowed him down. Needs a nice vacation over the winter break. Same with Kofi, an overworked player can break down.

.....but IMHO there's several Dynamo players and FO staff that deserve a thread title like this before Oscar.

redinthemorning, ImaPuppy and Heft repped this.
  4. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Name names!

Unless you are like @The_Ponce , hoping to get a media pass, or get in Canetti's Xmas card list, or get invited to Dom's Cinco de Mayo pool party.

CeltTexan repped this.
  5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked into deactivating this account. Apparently, there's no way to do that. I just got tagged and received a notification. FML.

For the record, I'll criticize this team and keep on doing what we are doing at OitO no matter what happens.

If others want to polish their knobs and be blinded by orange blindfolds. Then I know for a fact that Hal and I will only be motivated to be ever more honest.

I love this team. However, I am not above criticizing them time after time. You want names? Omar, Taylor, Hall, Driver, Carrasco, Cascio, and practically every other player on the roster not named Davis, Boniek, Garrido, or Clark.

As long as I'm commenting here. I will say one thing. CougarClaws, be a man and put your stupid online BS behind you. Either ban me right now or put on your big boy pants and stop being so soft you give infractions over the smallest things.

redinthemorning repped this.
  6. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    You are right. No member of the media has called out Omar, Taylor, Driver, or Carrasco this year anywhere. Thank goodness we finally have you and Hal to show us the light. LOL

Seriously though, you should have a media pass (even though they are handed out at the beginning of the season) or at least an email explaining things. MLS was helped in large part in its early days by the blogger types like Buzz Carrick with 3rd Degree, ASN, Ives, and others. There is no reason to think that OinO will be denied a media pass when you apply at the start of the season next year, but I don't work for the Dynamo.

7. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, other than BigSoccer and social media. Not that many people call out individuals. Do me a favor since you're feeling sarcastic. I assume your lol was tongue-in-cheek. Type in Giles Barnes into the Chronicle website. Find a negative comment by the beat writer. While I'm here. Also type in Omar Cummings, Jermaine Taylor and others. I'll be here waiting.

I don't think people really got the point of whatever I wrote. I don't give a ********ing about some pass. Especially, if that means I won't be able to stay honest. It was an example of how there will keep on being inadequate coverage as long as they ignore people that want to do something for the better.

8. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I love Keeper Notes. Those are the only peeps out there that call it how it is. It's just a shame they don't get more than an hour a week. Glenn gets close then starts backpedaling.

While we are at it, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned since the start of the season that OBG wasn't performing like himself. That was such a long time ago it was on some podcast of some sort.

9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Glen will criticize, and then when a caller chimes in, and agrees with him, he starts defending the Dynamo. It's hilarious.

CeltTexan repped this.
  10. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't ********ing blame him. We would all probably do the same if we were in his position. He used to or still does get a paycheck from them. I don't think anybody would criticize people that feed and house you.

11. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    You don't want to criticize your customers (Dynamo corporation, soccer fans). That is for sure. He's in a bind.

12. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calling out players in general (not this thread specifically) isn't my style nor is it particularly helpful. Those players know they're out of form and they're doing their best to get out of that kind of funk. For some, it's quicker than others.

Believe me. You call a player out one year only to find you were incredibly wrong about the player and their ability. Happens all the time.

Exhibit A: Stephen Naismith at Everton

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With our Benny Hill sketch type FO thinkers and our even worse hustle n flow "team" here in 2014, sheet, I wouldn't even know WHO to begin with in specifically calling someone out!!!

14. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost want a media pass just so I can take photos...:

But I have great seats on the south goal.

15. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was thinking the same thing. Looking at the website, it seems difficult to get a photog pass and they will not give one to a freelancer or do individual game passes.
    I counted at least 22 photographers at the last home game, who are all these people? There sure is not 22 press organizations writing about the Dynamo....

16. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I have a lot of respect for Eddie Robinson. He works for the Dynamo but he is as critical of the team and players as anyone.

JC507, *rey* and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's the only one. He doesn't slam guys but he does say stuff like "Jermaine Taylor HAS to do better with that ball". I like ERobs commentary and style.

I also think if he says something critical, it's probably a good read on what Dom thinks.

JC507 repped this.
  18. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Minus an f-bomb or three...

CeltTexan repped this.
  19. Hydro

Hydro Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Houstown
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WTF?

20. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW. Boniek was a beast before that thunder scare last night. It was exactly the high energy and tight control Boniek we've been missing. He did okay the rest of the way but was much better up until the stoppage.