What's the Difference between United's Fan Clubs?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by PFKing15, Aug 2, 2002.

1. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Barra Brava, Screaming Eagles, The Choir, la Norte, and more all support the black-and-red with un- rivaled passion...but what is the difference between all of these different fan clubs?

-I'll apologize in advance for not already knowing the individual stories of each of these clubs :)

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Once again I'll tell you that the best way to answer ALL your questions is to come out to a game. Sit in La Norte for a game. Join the Screamers and the Barra at the half time drumfest. Meet the members of the Choir for a pregame cocktail. There is SO MUCH you are missing. The world is your oyster.
    Experience all the supporter groups. We have some differences, but the one thing we have in common is that the people are friendly and eager to embrace you as one of their own. Hope to see you on the 10th. ;)

3. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Alright, alright :) on the 10th I will go in search for my answers at RFK

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Stop by the Barra Brava tailgate before the game and ask for Chico. Have a cold one with us. For tailgate location go to www.barra-brava.com and click on tailgate :)

5. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    You can find La Norte on the Hill in Lot 8. Just look for the big drum. They will guide you to the La Norte ticket booth so you can purchase a ticket.

FWIW, it doesn't matter what group you join, or even if you join one. All that really matters is that you support DC United with all your heart.

Sachin

6. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    And you'll find the Screaming Eagles near La Norte in Lot 8 as you walk from the Barra tailgate toward the stadium before the game.

Once inside, it's pretty easy to see where the groups sit, but just in case you're a numbers person here it is:

La Norte: 120
    Screaming Eagles :134
    Barra Brava: 135
    The Choir: 234 (or is it 232? Sorry guys, I can't remember...)

And like Sachin said, it doesn't matter who or if you join, so long as you support DC United!!

7. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    A big thanks to all of you guys and your advice...I hope to see all the action at RFK next week...althought being 18 might keep me from enjoying the "fruit" of the tailgates, it won't keep me from savoring the game. :)

8. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    La Norte have a mustache

Screaming Eagles have an eye patch and parrot on their shoulder

Barra Brava are 7' tall

the Choir wear white altar boy gowns

Hope this helps you out.

9. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    :)

10. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Darn you Meridian, you didn't even give me a chance to give a funnily sarcastic answer before you go off and top everyone... :(

11. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Huh? You look 21 to me... :) --Seriously I believe I have seen RFK beer vendors sell to little league soccer teams :)

Just make sure you don't throw your cup after your finished though!! They have some rules :)

12. PFKing15

PFKing15 New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Good Deal! :)

13. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    The Choir is in section 232.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Barra is 7' tall because we stand on the seats :rolleyes:

15. Gunnersaurus

Gunnersaurus Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Jurassic Period
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, I think there's a mustache in the Choir section.

Of course the best thing about the supporters of this team is that we all get along so well. I've been (along with my mustache) to all sections and been warmly welcomed.

Then again, I'm a member of the Old Logo / Star-in-the-logo-doesn't-count / Yoshi Katsu / Thor Lee was OK in his era / Bring Back My Harkesy To Me / Moderately Pro-Gazza / Might go to Summers occasionally but prefer the Lounge / Keep RFK no SSS / etc. club.

Then again, if we separated ourselves on that basis, we'd need a place bigger than the Rose Bowl.

-G. Rex