What's the best way for us to express our outrage?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by 79United, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just curious as to what everybody thought as to what the best way would be for us to express our absolute displeasure, outrage and total dissatisfaction to the FO and players concerning the last few years of inept management and play.

A march, supporters open letter in the Post or Times, coordinated game(s) boycott? The FO says that they 'hear us' but how? And how can we make our displeasure known on an overt, constant and overwhelming way?

TS.

2. Unitard Fan

Unitard Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna use reverse psychology: I'll go to every game I can, buy some over priced beer in the stadium, cheer for our boys, and buy a new jersey.

3. beergorila

beergorila Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Big sign unfurled at games, like the one seen in the crowds of the Rongen era, only this time saying "It's the Front Office, Stupid."

4. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Assault Talon.

5. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    This was done during the Milan friendly. It was quickly taken down by security.

6. beergorila

beergorila Member

Oct 12, 2004
    dag, is that legal censorship?

7. The Big VA

The Big VA Member

Nov 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're going streaking!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmwnveWbg8U&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmwnveWbg8U&feature=related[/ame]

8. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think it might just be the greek in me... but i think the supporters (barra, SE, LN) all boycotting a game (or at least leaving our side of the stadium empty for a game) would send the message loud and clear.

9. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    That would certainly send a message but will never happen since it's against the policy of those groups.

10. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    desperate times, desperate measures.... something along those lines... also i think i nice little loop hole there is to either come in at halftime or attend the game, but from the quiet side.

another idea floating around my head is to all go into the stadium as normal, but when the game starts sit down and not make a single sound.. just sit completely still as if we are not there. and have a nice big banner with something along the lines of "We'll do our part when you do yours"

11. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it'll never happen in the Barra. You already tried this when we were displeased with Soehn and it got shot down then, fast. Supporters groups are there through thick and thin to push the boys on the field. As much as we can argue about the FO sucking, I'm confident they know it.

Seguimos la camiseta hasta la muerte!
    is my motto

12. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    I believe Chico will chime in shortly that the barra is there for the players on the field and this mandates standing and singing no matter what.

A banner is nice but be prepared to bring a new one for every match. I like the moving to the quiet side idea. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

13. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you for bringing up my past with soehn... i am the same way i am now as i was then.. if people like my idea and want to go with it, great. if not, i will shut my trap about it and be in the barra screaming my head off for 90 minutes... anybody that knows me knows that i am as loco as they come. for me doing this has nothing to do with not supporting this team... it is a show of HOW MUCH this team means to me that I will NOT stand idly by while the team gets worse and worse.

i understand this is a radical, and very different step than has ever been taken by the barra.. but please do not confuse my motivations for it.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Supporters support. Not only when the team is winning but thru out. The Barra has been there thru the good and bad. One of my proudest memories in the Barra was when Chicago was eliminating us from the playoffs 4-0 and the Barra got louder and louder as the clock ticked towards the end of the season. By the end of the game it was raucous. I saw people totally spent. Too bad the team didn't look like that.

We'll bitch at the tailgates and after the game and here on BigSoccer but the team gets 110% from us during the game. That's the way it's always been, that's the way it will always be.

15. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    qft

16. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking forward to the our next home game. I'm looking forward to walking into our falling down stadium. I'm going to go to as many games as possible, until I or the team move away.

17. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    The barra should never do anything different in support. It's one of the many things I love about the group. But if the SE or LN or just anyone else want to do a banner (denouncing the FO) or whatever they should absolutely do it. It will be useful and it does support the club-truth hurts.

18. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kidnapping is usually a good way to show how serious you are :cool:

19. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    Well if you know a better way to show how much you love someone I'd like to hear it.

20. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The Screaming Eagles & La Norte are no different than the Barra in this regard.

My suggestion is to let the front office we are displeased through interpretive dance.

21. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Interpretive dance...

With Pitchforks

and Pointy objects

22. Unitard Fan

Unitard Fan New Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear this boycott stuff WAAAAY too much. Especially for a team that, on the surface, seems to be struggling to find a reason to stay in the area. How about some positive ideas now?

I'll start:

Individual supporters all pitch in enough money to buy one lottery ticket. Best case scenario, supporters clubs end up with enough money to buy thousands of lotto tix.

The supporters could all get together at RFK and wait to hear the numbers called. It could be covered and documented by local media outlets and give DC United a bunch of good PR, because on the INSANELY SLIM chance that the supporters clubs actually win, it's with the understanding that the money goes to united for DC or a stadium fund (I'm sure there is something fun that could be done with it that would give DC good "Karma").

Note: I don't know if any of that breaks any laws or rules with the lottery.

Just came up with that off of the top of my head. You can call it silly, but at least it was positive and potentially pro-active.

The boycotting and signs though? Lame. In the truest sense of the word. I doubt any member of the FO is thinking, "I bet all the fans love that the club is losing so badly." And I'm sure the FO doesn't like losing either.

23. Ali the Soccer cat

Ali the Soccer cat New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Adams Morgan, DC
    The boycotting will be done by the People of the Atrium and their minivans full of kids. No need for the supporters groups to go there.

24. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I think 1000s of people are already boycotting looking at attendance figures :D

25. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Ok stick with the team, boycott the beer vendors. Which is more important?:rolleyes: