whats the best state for producing soccer talent?

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by stats, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For my numbers, I counted a player under every state in which he played youth or high school soccer. College soccer is a whole new story, because colleges tend to recruit from out-of-state. I only included players eligible to play for the US national team, which may skew results a bit since there are a number of players representing other countries who were developed in the States.

This does mean players are double-counted. In one case, triple-counted: I list Jason Kreis under Nebraska, Louisiana, and Texas.

I found two fairly high-level American players from Kentucky. David Wright, last seen playing for the Rochester Rhinos in 2004, and Darren Yeagle, who was in the US U-20 national team pool for the cycle that just finished, and will be going to Indiana University this fall.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I did forget those two both of whom came from Trinity H.S. in Louisville. Where is Wright currently? I know he had a successful rookie campaign w/ the Rhinos.

The Yeagle kid is going to be a star for IU. I've seen him in several games and he had some jaw dopping talent. Shame he could crack the U-20's but he had little experience. Definately MLS caliber in 2 years.

3. soccerdude_200

soccerdude_200 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    california
    texas
    virginia
    missouri
    massachuttes
    florida