Whats it gonna take

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by SportBoy333, Nov 13, 2005.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    A club like this doesnt deserve this treatmeant and neglect.

2. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    A lot of the time I'm so down after a OM match I can barely post about them.

I shall try to be more active. Hopefully, Niang will be back soon and things will go really well (as they did start that way until he was injured v PSG?). Our biggest problem for a long time now has been we never have a regular goalscorer, I'm not even asking for two anymore. Since Drogba left, there's not been one even close to it... except Niang, but he's injured.

Hopefully, in January, we can get a goalscorer. I am actually hoping for Cisse so badly, his speed and his obvious experience and goalscoring feats in the French League topped w/ Niang, Ribery and Nasri, we may actually have something going in attack for a change that's not dependent on one person, and would seem exceptional.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Cisse will not come.

4. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Are you just testing me? I said I'll try to post more after terrible results and now news, so here, I'm posting :p

Actually, what gives/gave me hope is that he himself said if he were to have to leave Liverpool OM was his first choice.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    This Marseille team is beyond bad. Ribery is there best player and he is under 21. Nasri is over rated and Barthez is too.

6. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Ribery's 22.

7. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Cisse is a pipe dream at this point. He's the only player Liverpool have that can score consistently besides Gerrard. I think l'OM would do well to look within France, players like Moussillou or Frau could fit them well.

Also, and I'm just throwing this out there, it seems quite possible that Carlton Cole could be leaving Chelsea in January. English lads don't often play in France, but if he's looking for guaranteed first-team action for a decent-sized club, Marseille could be a good fit for him.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I was thinking Nicolas Anelka could be a realistic possibility.

9. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    That would be interesting, to say the least.

10. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This team will be fine. Fernandez will turn this thing around........ They've got to get Anigo away from this club though... He's a trainwreck.

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Marseille fans are a stupidface. :p

EDIT: don't read my sig.... [​IMG]

12. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So easy to troll when your team is up on the old enemy.... Shame Ganu, shame.... :D

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    The sig says it all sunshine... :p

14. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Marseille should basically sign Texeira, Cisse and Semak in the Mercato, then they can have the entire bulk of our shitty midfield.

15. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But

Semak :confused: Definitely it's one of Anigo's stupid choises just like Gimenez and Mendoza. :mad:

16. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Semak rocked for the horses....

....in 1999. :rolleyes:

Wrong time PSG, wrong time, as always.

17. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I just don't quite understand why this club has been underachieving for the last ten years. They average 50,000 fans per game or close to it, they play in the second-biggest city in France, and they have a rich history. Is it just foolish buys that have kept them mid-table, or is the match-fixing scandal still haunting them?

18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I think its foolish buys and poor youth development. They have been reduced to going after PSG's misfits and rejects and that is not good. They claim they dont have any money but why where they going hard after Cisse then. Signing someone like Anelka would be a good move for them.

19. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    Plus lack of patient. We always want good results ASAP.

We cannot do that unless if we have somewone like Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovic.

20. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    12years is not long enough from your point of view :D

21. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    no, what I meant is that every season l'OM leaders tell us that they are building a new team and that need time. and they keep changing trainers and players and even top managers. how can they achieve their goals if they do such things?

22. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    So what needs to be done? Other than Ribery, they have few promising young talents, so they really have to keep bringing in older, washed-up players (i.e. Lizarazu) to try to bring about better fortunes. So far, it hasn't worked. But they can't just keep things the same. They've been mediocre for 12 seasons, if they don't try to make wholesale changes not only in personnel but in philosophy and policy, there are another 12 ahead.

23. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    we have some good players. but we also have bad ones.

the management must give more attention in the process of selecting new recruitments giving advantage to French, young, and talented players. this can benefit the club in both sporting and financial sides.

l'OM gets suffered because of bad recruitments who mostly brought as short-term solutions and most of them fail to add value to the team. most of them are suggested by Anigo :mad: .

24. navid90

navid90 New Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Valencia, California
    honestly are gimenez or mendoza that much better than luyindula, or are they even considred better ? luyindula atleast has some international caps