What's In Lindsay's Closet?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by dapip, Dec 26, 2018.

?

What is hiding in Lindsay's closet?

1. A dead page (older than 21)

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A dead underage boy

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. The key to Gray's dungeon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. McCain's will releasing him from decency as long as he bomb bomb bomb Iran

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. A Connecticut marriage License with Ru-Paul

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Video of him parading in Key West Pride Festival

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this is the reason why I sort of regard "Lindsey Graham's file" in the same category as the Pee Tape: Amusing to talk about, but likely nonexistent.

South Carolina is all in on Trump. It's pretty deeply red, save for a few pockets of blue here and there, and Republicans are all-in on Trump. People thought that Ted Cruz's holy roller act would play well with SC voters in the 2016 primary, but nope, Trump rolled.

So I'm sure that Graham at some point did the math and realized that if he decided to go whole hog for Trump, he'd probably keep South Carolina Republicans on his side and keep away any sort of primary threats, which would put him about 90% to being reelected in November 2020.

And he'd very likely be right on that score. One of the benefits of graduating from high school in SC is getting to see some of my classmates' sudden change from being lukewarm toward Graham to being 100% behind him.

And there's that.

BTW, even though my post elsewhere inspired this thread, I find it to be, well, uninspired. First of all, it would've been better without a poll and if it were more open-ended. Second, some of those poll choices are more or less at the same level as Facebook shared memes.

sitruc, soccernutter and Sounders78 repped this.
  2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While we're on the subject of Facebook bullshit, I had to respond to one of my college friends with that very argument yesterday. It's an insanely dumb suggestion.

3. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    If nothing else, at least we have a Lindsey Sucks Ass thread open for business now. :thumbsup:

4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMG_4195.jpg

Can’t get these over there!!!

Deadtigers and Auriaprottu repped this.
  5. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Never could understand the current ban on the given type of food by any religious organization. If, say, shrimp were considered dangerous BITD before refrigeration, that's understandable. But we have technology now, and S-DAs should ease up on their bullshit, including the two refrigerator bullshit. Especially the stuff about scavengers- that would include shrimp, crabs and lobster, sooo... what tf if they are?

Deadtigers and chaski repped this.
  6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    What do you want from 3,000 old traditions? Orthodox Jews also don't let their wool touch linen. Try justifying that one, besides "it says in a really old writing that we shouldn't do that."

7. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Or non-religious food phobias. See Americans aversion to eating horse.

Deadtigers repped this.
  8. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I know plenty of Jews who eat pork. Because they know it's awesome like us Goys do.

Deadtigers and roadkit repped this.
  9. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    3.000 year old traditions are like wire ties. they keep the whole thing from diffusing. Were it not for these, often incomprehensible, traditions I doubt the Jews would still be a coherent Nation. they didnt have a homeland for thousands of years. Now, technology and transport make these things less necessary. However, civilization doesnt always move forward. Who can say what the situation might be in 200 years? If you abandon thousands year old homogenizes how to get them back?

Thats the case I think.

Dr. Wankler and superdave repped this.
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    No goy ever loved bacon like the Jews who eat bacon do.

Cascarino's Pizzeria and dapip repped this.
  11. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    #36 song219, Dec 28, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    It's pretty easy to predict what a republican senator's stance is to be towards Trump. All you need to know is how many years they have until they are up for re-election.

Deadtigers, sitruc and JohnR repped this.
  12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You guys keep making my case that Republican voters are worse than Republican politicians. Thanks for the support on that topic.

13. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    I had to hide this post from Nana. You better run if you hurt pony! :mad:

14. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    You're still bitter about that woman. :)

chaski, Auriaprottu and superdave repped this.
  15. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Except for Steve King.

xtomx and dapip repped this.
  16. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Fair enough.

17. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The anthropologist Mary Douglas made comprehensible the Jewish food taboos. By comprehensible I mean understandable within the religious worldview they operated under 2,600 years ago. As with all worldviews, there are underlying assumptions made that if you question those, then everything can unravel. In this case the underlying assumptions involve their notions of purity and profane, and why they are important.

18. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Here is what could be in Lindsay's closet:

fatbastard and sitruc repped this.
  19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm ... this Blavatnik fellow founded an "investment company" to pick up Soviet goodies at age 29, three years before he received his MBA degree. I can't find anything in his bio that says he's from money, but I can't recall seeing somebody else start an investment business, at that age, without family money and connections.

I like the photo with Blavatanik, Graham, and Dershowitz. All we need is a Fox guy to complete the picture.

Sounders78 repped this.
  20. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I assume the Russian rot goes to the top. Some believe retirement mid-career will shield them. :confused:

21. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Romney has come out against Trump before he was even sworn in. This gives him 6 full years in which to pivot back to Trump.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.e21e52864d46

crazypete13, sitruc, xtomx and 5 others repped this.
  22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Had to rep that.

Deadtigers repped this.