Whats going on with Eddie Johnson

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Yank22, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Yank22

Yank22 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    NYC
    Just wondering if hes going to play in the WOrld Cup this year. I think he is our key player for this years Cup since McBride is old and theres really nobody on the team who can score like Johnson.

2. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    there's a world cup this year??? Did I miss it?

McBride is awesome, he is the only lock at forward because he can score like nobody's business.

Johnson should be a go for the January camp unless something else happens in the off-season. (pure speculation)

3. Allamerican74

Allamerican74 New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    From what I know he's still suffering from his turf toe injury. Hopefully he'll be ready to go by the WC next year. He does have an incredible scoring record but we haven't seen what he can do against better competition than CONCACAF teams. I would hope he would still be pretty good against typical WC teams but we don't know yet as he hasn't faced any.

4. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    ...rumor has it around here that his foot injury is much worse than has been reported....and he MIGHT be out for a long time.....like forever....

5. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    care to elaborate? i think you owe it after such a statement.

6. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis

any source for that rumor? even another thread? I've spent a good amount of time on here and I ahve yet to hear that. Would be very upsetting.

7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, there goes $875,000 down the tube. :p

8. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    now THAT is pure speculation.

9. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    "Wishful Thinking" ≠ "Rumor"

10. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

the problem with this injury...turf toe or whatever you care to call it...is that it is the type of injury that has a habit of being tough to heal, especially for soccer players, for obvious reasons..and can reoccure...again and again....and I think there is the fear of that being the case in this instance..

11. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

not if your names Eddie Johnson....

12. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    true. :p

13. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Forget the Bird Flu!! Let's put all this nation's health care research dollars into Turf Toe now!!! :(

14. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Duly repped. England 66 just wants his boy Copper to make the USMNT. GAM is in his way.

15. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    That is so lame. I doubt he would wish injury on anyone, especially EJ who could be our best forward ever.

16. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Still not hearing who is involved in spreading these "rumors" besides yourself.

Rumors require more than one person. Who's the other person?

17. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    But this is just general information and concern associated with this type of injury. That is, it's bad for some guys, not so bady for others. It alone does not constitute rumor.

You referred to "rumor around here," which I and perhaps others took to mean specific information that you (a person presumably somewhat in the know of soccer goings-on in Dallas) had come across. That is, not just the general information that is widely known about this type of injury.

So what is it? Have you got some information specifically related to GAM's case, which is what your post implies? Or are you simply (and clumsily) repeating what is already known about this type of injury?

If it's the latter, then that's not rumor -- even if your post amounts to pure rumor, and a reckless one at that.

18. Maximum Optimal

Maximum Optimal Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    My sources tell me one of two things happened. Either Cooper stomped on Eddie's foot. Or Eddie kicked Cooper and broke his toe. The eyewitnesses differ on exactly which of those two happened.

19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then you dont' know England66

20. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

and obviously neither do you

21. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Ppppppbbbbtttt, turf toe. What a lame injury.

- Jack Lambert

22. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    4 years ago I was playing American Football with some friends, I was on defense and the ball carrier was coming at me. he tried to juke me out and he ended up jamming my toe with his foot. I lost my toe nail, it was bad. My toe still doesn't feel the same.

I feel for EJ. (even though it's not the same injury, I know)

23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't he have a stress fracture in his left foot (near the toe)? Is that the standard, off-the shelf turf toe injury or something more severe?

24. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    HE DOESN'T HAVE TURF TOE

25. mickhayafe

mickhayafe New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Bakersfield, CA
    does anyone know what the specific injury IS ?