What's AEG's address?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Old Man!, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And AEG, of course, replied: "Sure thing, kid, any kind of drug and any kind of doctor is okay with us."

2. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That quote is from an AEG executive, trying to explain-away why the doctor was on AEG Live's payroll. Of course since Micheal Jackson is now dead, so he - conveniently for AEG - cannot dispute that claim.

That doctor was a cardiologist, which is interesting considering AEG claims Jackson passed a physical with flying colors. I'm wondering if they applied any pressure to the doctor that passed him, so they could get the insurance which they will be trying to collect on now.

3. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't bet on it. AEG filmed in Hi-Def the rehearsal that took place just before he died. Expect them to release this as a BluRay DVD and make a "killing" so to speak. Don't expect them to have any ethical dilemmas about cashing in on Micheal Jackson's death.

That rehearsal (24 hours before his death) was done with AEG Live's CEO in attendance.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's for sure.

5. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize there is no love lost between Quakes fans and AEG, but if AEG were to go out of business, MLS would be worse off for it. Keep things in perspective.

6. bigdumbgod

bigdumbgod Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AEG will not go out of business. Just occasionally frustrated by stupid decisions that blow up in their face.

The Late MJ Live (Brought to You By AEG) video which will be out ASAP will nullify any losses they may have taken in the last few millenia.

7. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is your real name Old Man!? Is it Glenn Davis by any chance? You're mouthing the same worn-out palaver that Davis barfed out immediately after the Quakes were hijacked to Houston: major league soccer in the United States would not succeed without AEG. Major league soccer in the US would probably succeed at a much higher level without conniving entities like AEG, and as an example I give you Lew Wolff who was told, immediately after the decision on carting the Quakes off to Houston, that there was no need for him to put in a bid to purchase the Quakes: "That ship has sailed."

8. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, apologizes to the thread starter of this hi-jacking. I just hate AEG with an intensity that has only multiplied, since seeing their executives now spinning and profiting from someones death. {And I was never an Michael Jackson fan.}

I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more press, it surely should.

Jackson didn't want 50 shows.

Micheal Jackson only wanted to do 10 shows (one every 5 days), but was "pressured", into doing 50 shows (one every other day) by AEG.

He was supposedly stressed out and wanted out of the tour.... see the link.

AEG Live will make a "killing" of this of course, and a quote from the devil himself.
    AEG plans to make the rehearsal footage into movie.

Killing pop stars could become a profitable business strategy for AEG. Just work them to death, enable their drug addition with a doctor on the payroll, but make sure you've go it all on film.

9. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Is it just me, or is this a ridiculously dumb thing to say on multiple levels? These Hollywood entertainment exec types just seem like shallow, phoney, blithering idiots.

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We had AEG (Anti-Earthquakes Group) but I would like to suggest AEG (Anything Evil Goes). Anyone else with some better ones?

11. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was SHOCKED that we didn't receive the following press release from AEG.

AEG is currently in discussions with ourselves to use the Staples Center for the funeral of the “King of Pop”. We will have an announcement in 60 – 90 days.

Regards,

Tim Leiweke

12. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    :) I would add, to the beginning of that:

"At the end of the day, Michael Jackson is dead. ..."

13. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was all a diabolical plot orchestrated by arch-conservative Phil Anshutz to do away with the (alleged:rolleyes:) child molester, and make money at the same time. Muuaahhaahha!

14. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could have at least just relocated him to Houston.