What you'd like to see in FM 2007

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by profiled, Jan 16, 2006.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I must be honest and say i've never tried it, but do you know what in particular causes problems in this regard?

The game is pretty straight forward and just uses GDI blits to get the graphics up on the screen, no directx, or anything like that.

The sound is DirectSound, and nothing very fancy going on there...

2. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    No, I don't think they should even have player ratings. The manager should have to work that out for himself. Maybe you could ask your assistants for their opinions.

3. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    1. Things actually decided on common sense rather than the obscure quirks of the game. When I tell the players after the match I want a performance like that every week, they shouldn't all come out saying I'm not giving them credit! Especially whilst at the same time they're saying I'm praising too many players in the press (three players in four months! Most managers do things like that every week.

2. Decent training. You should be able to do more with training than drag sliders around. Like come up with training drills, schedules etc. Things like headers, corners, free kicks etc shouldn't be lumped together. Defenders shouldn't have to practice 'attacking' to practice passing. Dribbling should be a skill in itself, not lumped together with ball control.

Also it should be easy to tweak each player's training rather than creating a new training regime for each one individually.

3. A better interface. I shouldn't have to go through 8000 menus at half time to tell the players what to do, or 600 menus to see how the players are progressing in training. More in depth reports from coaching staff would be useful, not just 'X is doing well'. More information should be shown on the screen at a time when it comes to picking players.

4. A decent game engine. I think that sensible soccer had better graphics. It doesn't have to be 3D, but some side-angle 'from the stands' views would be nice. The stadium should be around the pitch.

5. Better chants, sounds etc, specific to each team. Things that make it feel more immersive rather than playing a game on your mobile phone.

6. Better ways to talk to players. So far you can decide you're pleased or not pleased, but can't describe exactly what they did wrong, or what you want them to do. I should be able to tell the team specific things to do in the match.

7. Tactic changes during the match should have to be shouted from the touchline. You shouldn't be able to provide an in-depth change of instructions to every single player in a split second during the match. Half time should actually mean something.

8. You should be able to select players from foreign leagues to be available without sitting through all the league's results.

This might sound a lot, but it's the 20th century and there are games far more advanced.

4. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    And it'd be nice if score updates stayed on the screen for longer than half a second. Maybe they could go in a bbc-style vidiprinter in that space in the top right corner of the screen. Say three or four lines of it so if another one comes up you can still read the first one.

The same for injury time and substitutions, they're on the commentary box for about 0.00001 seconds. The fourth official should hold up the board so you have time to read it.

And I can't believe that Lazio/Roma would only draw 20,000 fans, but I suppose I'm being petty.