What You Think Of My Band?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by FlanInTheFace, Dec 16, 2005.

1. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
  2. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    :D anybody like?

3. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    it sucks. give up.

4. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't ask Questions:
    alright music. has its moments. dont like the sample put over it of the guy. The switch that comes halfway into the song is out of nowhere and doesnt really have the same mood to it, doesnt flow.

Sunset on your face:
    The sample in the beginning seems pointless and like it was just thrown in there because it is a cool clip from a cool movie. The rest of the song is good. Its best part is around 1:50 where it slows down.

AAG:
    again the sample seems pointless. when it comes on there is a cool bass in the background (not the stringed instrument...actual bass). I like the instrumentals, but there is one instrument that is a bit too high pitched/squeaky. Another pointless (to me) monolouge around 2:00. You use a real cool stringed instrument after that. Starts sounding a bit dissonant around 3:15, but that only lasts a few seconds and then it goes away...pointless. Bringing in a new instrument/new noises in later on. Just doesnt seem organized. I say this song has potential tho, i like it. Judging on this and the last song, you guys are the best when you slow it down and keep it simple. Specifically speaking about the stretch starting at about 430 on this song.

Blue Moon-
    More pointless talk....I do not have a problem with these random speeches in general. I love it in techno/goa/etc, but it just doesnt fit in your songs. Instrumentals sound good. The hard rock part that comes on in 2:00 sounds good. Dont like the percussion in that part tho...soudns like metal being banged, idk what kind of instrument. That part ends too abruptly (sp?)...no flow at all.

Anyway overall. Seems like there is some potential there, but trying too much. I say keep it simple for now. Find your groove, etc.

5. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    thanks man i appreciate the time you took to listen to all of this and put input into it.

- yea sorry for all those samples and stuff, i guess i just put it there becasue most people would get bored just listening to 6 minutes of music.
    - for "Dont Ask Questions" i guess i just did that part to be different haha. i wanted it be all melodic and out of nowhere just do a SKA breakdown part. :D
    - And for "Blue Moon" i use a Drum Machine and yea the cymbals sound like crap, it does sound like metal being hit

not bad for one person eh?
    thanks again

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you want to be cool, play a guitar with a bow like the guy from sigur ros ;)

7. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    oh man, i need to give you more rep, Sigur Ros is awesome.

8. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    It could be crappier than crap, but if Pitchfork likes it you'll see it on many BS members Top 10 lists. :)

9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's that? Pitchfork liked it?

I gotta order it.

10. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I was gonna order it, but that Pitchfork review was from yesterday...so "Einstein Asked Questions" is SO over.

;)

Seriously though, I agree with Astabooty...lose the sampled dialogue. I have a hard time criticizing anyone making music, since the only thing I can play is the radio.

11. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    ^^he got that because he's a troll in the gunners board.

12. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully you didn't quit your day job.

:)

13. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Wow, that oughta teach him.

14. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey
    pfft, i was talking about Mortal Kombat and they i got a bunch of neg reps. it was hilarious

15. FlanInTheFace

FlanInTheFace New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    New Jersey