what year was Boca Junior at it's strongest ever

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by Diego Maradona, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know they have had great players like Maradona, Batistuta, Caniggia, Tevez, Palermo etc

I just would like toknow what year was the best and what players were there.

Even if some of the players were past it AKA for example if its the team in the 90's and Maradona is in it but other players in it brought the team u.

Thanks

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There just have been too many great Boca teams. Here are some of the best:

1930's, especially bicampeones 1934-35: With players like Yustrich, Lazatti, Varallo, Da Guia, Benitez Caceres, Pescia and other old time legends.

Decade of the 60's with Roma, Rattin, Marzolini, Melendez, Rojitas, Tanque Rojas, Valentim, Madurga etc.

Toto Lorenzo's 1976/77/78 bicampeones and Libertadores/world champions with Gatti, Pernia, Mouzo, Zanabria, Chino Benitez, Mastrangelo etc.

Marzolini's 81 team with Maradona, Brindisi. (Brief time, but has to be included because of Diego)

And of course Bianchi's teams of late 90's and this decade, with Riquelme, Palermo, Barros Schelotto, Tevez and so many other stars.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ASF gave a pretty good breakdown. My two favorites are Toto's team as that was right before I moved to the states so my last memories of Boca live on a regular basis ended on a high note. Also the Bianchi era as I believe that was the last Boca time in which we were genuinely one of the absolute best teams in the world. I must admit I feel really really good with this current side. I believe the mix of experience and more importantly experienced youth with El Coco could be very special.