What would you ask McCullers?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by fidlerre, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shopping? Are you nuts? Stores, Malls, crazed women waving credit cards and fighting over the last "Tickle Me Traci" doll?

Forget that. If you can't get it online, I don't want it.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    3) Obviously he has, those persons being mainly Crew Cheifs, and people that, to be honest, have to be considered "friends of the organization." Who knows, maybe he's doing cold calls as well, perhaps people that have yet to renew season tickets.

4) Is there really anything he can say? There is a gigantic divide amongst Crew fans at the moment, and you're not going to change either's point of view. One camp is tired of paying to see a team led by Musab al Anclueless, the other, continue to buy tickets based on loyalty and faith, persons that see it as "the right thing to do." Short of firing Musab, there's not anything that McCullers could say to get me back in CCS, much less buy season tickets.

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'd give you some rep, but apparently I have to hand some out to other people before I can rep you again.

It's fairly accurate. Excuse my biase, but I full on expect "corporate" answers. It's a great set of questions, no doubt. However, if you're expecting a re-invention of the wheel, I think you're going to be dissappointed.

4. melloyello

melloyello Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Columbus
    FWIW....

i didn't renew my season tickets this year and recieved several phone calls and letters from different sales reps before receiving a letter from mark mccullers outlining this years achievements and asking to call him if i wanted to speak to him. it is currently hanging from my front door with a guiness magnet. that way every day as i leave for work i can be reminded of the guiness i am going to enjoy when i get home...
    anyone else get one of these?
    anyone call?

5. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    For a late Christmas present everyone should buy Bill's new book

"How to be a corporate robot in 24 hours"

Bill, do you own a jacket with question marks all over it?

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's clear to me that we need more responsive reciprocal flexibility in order to maximize third-generation capabilities.

Most importantly, our functional organizational scenarios need to include broadbased consentual monitored options so as to insure a heuristic policy contingency factor.

Your breakout group assignments are in your packets.

7. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I was in that meeting at least once or twice Bill, but I didn't get my packet.

8. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS

You probably make a good living.

9. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's never important until the word "Synergy" is used, then you know someone's getting ********-canned.

10. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    what in the world could Musab al Anclueless possibly be haggling over in his contract? Does he not realize he was born under a lucky start to of even been offered an extension?

11. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    I think we should post McCullers answers side-by-side to Bill's. The contest would be how close Bill is to the actual answers. My guess is 92.7%. If you take away spelling issues and other similar items, it would probably be closer to 94.8%.

12. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I was thinking the same. Or send McCullers Bill's answers to show him how predictable he is. Or to offer Bill a job answering letters.

I've already learned so much from Bill's post and put it to good use.

Have a look at this little gem.

Dear Louisville Gas & Electric,

I know I have not paid my bill for 3 months. And believe me, nobody wants this bill paid more than me. Everyone here is working very hard to make sure this happens in the near future. I have been enjoying things like well lit rooms and cooked food and it's all thanks to you. This Holiday season I look forward to having power and with your cooperation I truly believe this will happen.

Happy Holidays

Eggy Eguardo
    General Manager, Apt 16

13. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mine had a Bic(tm) pen, a Mead(tm) yellow flip pad, and a package of Kellogs(tm) Pop Tarts(c) - strawberry flavor.

There was an assignment inside but I work for the government so I figured I didn't need to do it.

14. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Bill would be so proud of you....

15. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have a status on this subject? Whose Christmas shopping is keeping the article from appearing on HPI --- Fids or McDrulers?

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I have no money to Christmas shop...I gotta get a job first.

I talked extensively last night with Mark via e-mail. He is putting the finishing touches on the answers to the twelve questions I submitted to him and he said he'd have them to me today or tomorrow at the latest...

He also was very open to answering all the questions on this thread <copy of the entire thread was printed out for him> over the break between the holidays and having those available after the 1st of the year.

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell has it been now, a fargin' MONTH????

Jeebus, how long does it take to engineer an answer to some simple damn questions?

"He's been busy" my ass. Everybody is busy.

These are his goddam customers you're talking about here, and their questions and opinions are less important than making sure the toilets get sanitized?

Complete arrogance.

18. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I have the answers from Mark. Got them last night. Jesus...

Give me some time to put it together and get it on the site...

It's been 3 weeks since my first contact with him, and 2 since I sent him the questions.

19. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    Depending on the quality/content of the answers (and I seriously suggest giving him Bill's "predictions" so he doesn't embarass himself) getting him to answer the qu's at all constitutes a fair achievement in my book.

I've only got English clubs as a comparison, but this sort of thing doesn't even happen in the conference.

20. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original purpose IMHO was to get "off the cuff" answers to our questions. Taking two weeks to write responses to questions that, in all honesty, should've taken less than an hour to compose seems anything but. I'd suggest to Fid that is why Bill is commenting as such. And not to diminsh Fid's efforts, he's volunteered to act as conduit, and the fruits of his labor are more than we had before, however on it's face it seems as if we're getting a press release, something with a 1st, 2nd and final draft.

Given the events of the past two days, I'll pose a question to Mark, assuming that he will at some point answer all questions posted in this thread:

Mr. McCullers, can you understand how some Crew fans see giving Coach Andrulis a one year contract could be seen as less than a strong vote of confidence in his coaching aptitude? Can you explain why there was only a one year contract given as opposed to a multi year contract that was offered when Coach Andrulis signed his initial head coaching contract. Was the fact that the contract was only a single year, a major reason why Coach Andrulis took so long to sign?

Additionally,

Do you feel that Columbus Crew would still be a marketable/entertaining enterprise if the organization were to rely soley on the product on the field? In your opinion, what percentage does the product on the field play in a customer's decision to come to a Columbus Crew match? In example, 50% product on the field, 30% seeing a band play at the Part on the Pitch venue, 20% affordability.

Thank you.

21. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Nice questions Zak.

22. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew