What will come of Carlos Ruiz?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Oct 26, 2004.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't be ridiculous. The captain of the team would never let Ruiz join.

Landin' Donovan hates our beloved Carlitos.

2. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You know, if Ruiz doesn't become a factor in KC, why not trade him to Dallas for Eddie Johnson?

It would help LA out alot, Johnson won't get capped nearly as much as Ruiz does, his size would be useful with all the good crossing LA's midfield does, and we would have him alot longer than we would Ruiz, and fiancially this could also be good.

Not to forget, Johnson could possibly make Sampson's 4-5-1 work.

3. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    I see what you are saying BUT:

1) Wolves WERE a Premiership team when he went there.

2) These are 2 BIG teams and can buy big name players...for example Wolves just signed South Korean Internationalist Cha Du Ri from Anderlecht.

3) Latin players are notoriously unpopular in the UK because they have a tendency not to settle/perform.

There are more countries in Europe than England. Thank God!

4. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    OMG! Are you the guy who didn't know Hawaii was a state in the USA?

5. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I imagine quite a few clubs in Spain's second division would love to get their hands on Pescadito. If Ante Razov can go to Spain and play in the Second division...

6. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    The look of, "It's been fun, but I'm outta here!"
    [​IMG]

7. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Save the sarcastic diving comments for Davey Arnaud. Every time that guys gets bumped, you'd think he was sniped by a .50 cal.

Watch Friday and you'll see what I mean.

8. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004

Huh?

9. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    No idea how to edit a thread but I just realised I had a brainfart and wrote Cha Du Ri when I meant to write Seol ki Hyun! Ah well....names are not important. :(

10. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I was referring to the comment above. Let me ask you, how many countries are in England?

LOL...

11. SteveW

SteveW New Member

Apr 11, 2004
    Ah OK....you misunderstood.

What I said was there are more countries in Europe than England....meaning that England is not the only country in Europe. There's more than JUST England there.

I'm perfectly well aware of British and European geography thanks very much since I was born and raised in the UK.

Any other questions?

12. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
  13. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else see his comments in this mornings Pasadena Star-News? He'll go to Europe if he can find somewhere as tranqual as LA.

14. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    I heard Kosovo is putting together a pro-team...

15. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I dont have access to the paper. Is there a link that you know of to the story?

16. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

Please post the article. link or whatever. I have to see this.

17. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Here's the link to the pasadena star news sports section. Intersting stuff....

couldnt find ruiz's comments though, maybe you'll have better luck finding it.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/sports

18. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You know, I think Ruiz leaving wouldn't be a bad thing for LA.
    Especially considering LA has some open cash they can use to attract some players.
    I see Ruiz going to a second divison team at best, with exception to the leagues that aren't considered the best, i.e. Portugal, Russia, Scandinavia, maybe he will go back to Greece.

20. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Because Johnson is not available. But Ruiz coming to Dallas is possible, for something worth a lot less. If Sampson does not want to re-sign Ruiz, I am fairly sure Clarke will look into picking up Ruiz to replace Nhleko after he's released. Ruiz would more than triple his salary if he took Nhleko's job and salary space.

If Sampson tells Ivan "I don't want Ruiz, see who does in MLS" the FC Dallas can probably get him for a second round draft pick.

21. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    My favorite part of that article...

"Ruiz has yearned to play in Europe. He wanted to go after the 2002 season, but the offers weren't tempting enough."

Offer weren't tempting enough my A-S-S! He could've been a bit more honest and said..... "I wanted go after the 2002 season, but after trying out, each team's coach said I had nothing to offer them."

Dude pisses me off!

22. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA
    My 2 cents on what should happen to him. Sampson, Vasquez or someone needs to have a little chat with him. Say, if u want to have any hope of going to europe, 2005 is gonna need to look a lot like 2002. Meaning he needs to give 100%, and score goals from somewhere besides the PK spot. If that is too dificult for him to comprehend, then he needs to be traded. A 10 goal a year striker will still command a respectable price in this league. Preferably we should get a good forward who is not a national team regular for any country, so we don't lose him for qualifiers. So I would reccomend Damani Ralph, Pat Noonan,or maybe Ed Johnson or Edson Buddle.

23. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    I asked Carlos if he was going to be with the team next season and he said, "I hope so." I hope he is to.

24. MeTaLhEaD696

MeTaLhEaD696 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
  25. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    i bet that right after that shot was taken he fell down and grabbed his ankles.