What will BushCorp Round 2 MEAN? Your most outlandish predictions here.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Mel Brennan, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *wonders when he should point out that Hopkins is Canadian*

To the thread :

We invade Iran and/or Syria

The draft is coming

Our econcomy spirals out of control

THe country is such a mess Hilary is elected President in '08.

2. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    most outlandish eh?

well i think we'll turn the defecit into a surplus

we'll win the war in iraq with very few casualities.

Osama will be captured and prosecuted...resulting in the end of any terrorist threat to america.

Europe will apologize to us for their mistake in ever questioning our judgement.

We'll discover that by drilling in the arctic wildlife refuge that there is a supply of oil that will last hundreds of years

George Bush's face will be carved into rushmore and go down as the greatest president in our history

we'll all still be alive.

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Partial abortion ban approved. Women vow to go to polls in record numbers. Women's Suffrage is repealed to head them off at the pass.

Big Business gets to live out its masturbatory fantasy: Sherman Anti-Trust Act repealed.

United States of America renamed United States of Amnesia (thx Gore Vidal), but then Congress forgets what new name is and renames itself Non-Papist Christian Corporate Theocracy.

4. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who says they won't?

Anyway i was thinking of the flat tax idea that was around a year or two back....but then i heard a Bush excerpt from the press conference talking of "tax reform"....I guess the idea is not so outlandish after all....
    Maybe someone can think of the Orwellian name this will be given?

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot less than they, and we, think.

They're lame ducks now. Congress will be even more focused on their Job 1, which is and has always been "staying in office," and will only bend to the White House's will at their pleasure. This is especially true in the Senate, when one-third of them will not be up for re-election until 2010, two years after Bush is out of office.

Plus, the media will be not be as friendly. At this point in 2000, newspapers and news shows were full of hopeful reports of this new "compassionate conservative." The Administration had a clean slate and they were going to get treated the same way as a new puppy. Now, these are the same bums that have been in office for four years already and familiarity breeds contempt. They're not going to get any sort of slack from the press. And this is not a "liberal media" thing. It's a second-term thing. Clinton, Reagan, and Nixon all got much tougher treatment from the media in their second terms than they did in their first terms. Just look at the current coverage of Republicans' cackling with glee over the programs that they think that they're going to pass.

If it's true that you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs, the second term is where the media starts discovering all the shells laying around. And this Administration has been cracking a lot of eggs. How much are they going to get done if they keep having to answer questions about missing explosives, Halliburton, Valerie Plame, or whatever else pops up? And more stuff will come up, because scandal is so much more fun to cover than the same old **************s that have been around for four years.

Finally, the continuing situation in Iraq will cost the Bush Administration some political capital on an ongoing basis as long as American servicemen come home in bodybags.

6. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No. We need healthy political discourse from all sides. I was outlining Bush's constituencies, not describing the state of affairs with regards to either the right or the left on political discourse. I am well aware of many left-wingers disgust with conservative ideology. Like you, I sit far from the center, but that doesn't mean I discard good ideas, just because of the source. I think that traditionally the left has done a really good job on environment, social justice and individual rights. The right, in the past, has done a good job on the role of government, fiscal discipline and strong military. The problem is that Bush screwed the pooch on the conservative agenda, promoting big and intrusive government, lack of spending controls, and an absolutely stupid invasion of Iraq. Not only are his policies poorly thought through, they are incompetently implemented. Shame on us for supporting incompetence.

Hillary better not run in 2008.

7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the American people don't see them coming home in bodybags.

8. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think i got it...
    Solving
    Tax
    Excesses
    Americans
    Loathe
    The STEAL Act....

And El Jefe, this media of ours, unless W gets a blow job, won't change... The embedded reporting was a great way of avoiding making the press see things by their own selves.... Pictures of our dead soldiers' coffins wrapped in flags were not allowed, and would not have been shown if not asked for by someone OUTSIDE the mainstream media. And the guy who took the pictures was fired IIRC (media said little about it, but it sent a message)... Media will remain just as lazy, an focused on the Jackson, Peterson trials, and other issues that are more sensational, entertainment, driven than what actually is far more newsworthy.....

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Tax cuts for everyone!!! Wheeee!!!

Most of us will save about $20, the really destitute will have enough money to buy a gallon of milk. Bush's base (the elite) will have thousands upon thousands of extra dollars to do as they please!!

But tax cuts really benefit the working class...

10. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    No offense, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Even if a united European military could be created, it could never rival that of the US. Even if the British participated, it wouldn't rival our military. And the British wouldn't participate--neither, probably, would the Italians, Danes, Dutch, Norwegians, or anyone in Eastern Europe. In other words, your "united, pissed off European military" would consist of France, Germany, Belgium, and a couple other minnows. And if they got past the political and language difficulties, which they wouldn't, they'd be probably the 5th strongest military in the world (after the US, Russia, China, and UK).

11. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus returns. Taxes cut 99.9%. Free puppies for everyone.

Or were you serious?

12. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I think the conservative evangelical folks think this happened and that they voted for him on Tuesday.

13. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree that the left supports the environment, social justice and individual rights. But I do see they need some tweaking. You want viable energy solutions, a short term solution while we wait for hydrogen is Alaskan drilling or a safer nuclear energy. As well as your want for wind farms. Yet the people (ie Kennedy and Kerry as well as towns in Minnesota/Wisconsin/Illinois/Kansas/Washington/Oregon) on the left have scoffed at the notion of having to deal with them blocking their horizons.
    Social Justice is questionable. You have made sure that people aren't getting screwed by doctors/insurance, etc. But in the process, have screwed the tobacco and alcohol industries by suing them for peoples own bad choices.

I am a free trader, supply sider, fiscal and social conservative. There are alot of things on which I don't see eye-to-eye with Bush. The deficit needs to be reduced. Social spending needs to be cut. I think education, healthcare for all under 18, tighter immigration controls, defense spending (military, CIA, FBI) is what we should be spending on, and those only. We need to legalize marijuana, deal with the cartels and take control of that facet of the drug trade as in the Netherlands. It is simply another HUGE revenue source.
    We are on different sides, but we can find a common ground. If only the rest of your party could be as smart as you.

14. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bushislord.com/index.php

15. Paul. A

Paul. A Member

Mar 16, 1999
    Wales, UK
    Bush decides that it's finally time for healthcare for all!
    It's a dream I had!

16. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Except that I switch from Democrat to Green in 1999 because the Dems wouldn't work to impeach Clinton. That's when I realized they were wusses and not standing up for my values: supporting truthfulness, commitment, good judgment. Clinton was smart as they come, and I wish Bush had half his brains and a quarter of his skills. But quite frankly, Bush is very, very average when it comes to intellect and competence. Plus, he has no grasp of reality. And the job requires extra-ordinary talent. We are hosed.

In the meantime, where you don't see eye-to-eye with the Bush adminstration, please let those folks know. My folks are out in the hinterland.

17. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Now that is outlandish!

18. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Good move

Bush will admit to his shortcomings now that he has won. He is a history buff. He knows the first term is for the people and the second is for his own place in history. He will admit and try to bring sanity to failing government, namely the deficit/soc sec/tax code, to go along with vision for the Middle East. I don't think Clinton was overly smart, rather he was the perfect persona for the presidency.

19. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is? I've never heard this (not flaming you, if this is true it's just a big surprise to me--I've never heard anything about it).

20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Sorry, history of what...West Texas or history of billy goats.

This is a guy who said he doesn't like to read, perhaps he gets snarlin' Dick to give his version of how it happened..

21. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Random predictions for the next four years:

Nuclear proliferation reaches its highest Cold-War point, and a nuke (tactical or otherwise, or maybe a "dirty bomb") is used by a country (or possibly terrorists).

The War on Terror will take American troops to country other than Iraq or Afghanistan. A necessary step... but one that will be difficult as the job is not done in the previous countries. Will Bin Laden be captured or killed? Yeah. But expect the War on Terror not to be even close to "mission accomplished" in Bush's presidency.

The eventual drilling in the ANWR in Alaska won't make much of a difference environmentally. That's because a lot of the plantlife there is dying or already dead because of global warming.

22. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, it is really absolutely outlandish, that all of Europe will unite and speak with one voice militarily.
    But regarding your analysis of who could join a smaller group of core European military I think you were wrong about the Italians and the Dutch also you didn´t mention Spain.
    And a united military of France, Belgium and Germany would definitely not rank behind the UK.

23. Riceman

Riceman New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Wylie
    1. I'm pretty sure Jesus is on God's right hand side and Bush is no Jesus.
    2. Since you go out of your way to mock them why does this suprise you?
    3. That's such sound, intelligent reasoning that I can't touch it.

24. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I work, have 2 kids and a house. I got a lot of money back the last couple years. But I'd rather not have it, and not be in Iraq, raping the countries gold pile and raping the environment.

25. Riceman

Riceman New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Wylie
    1. The U.N. will be marginalized... Hello European Union
    2. Reform tax code
    3. Something will change with Social Security (it has too)
    4. Democracy in Iraq
    5. Iran will reform itself (let them have nukes, I don't care)
    6. Something will be done about North Korea (we can't leave it to a dem. to take care of)