What will be the strategy against Guatemala?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by deuteronomy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    usa should play with 3 attack minded mids, and that'll control the flow of the game...

the more the match becomes up tempo, the better for usa...

if the new guatemala talent changes the equation, from past incarnations of the chapines, i'd be very surprised....is suspect a lot of hacking from them...

tell me who the ref is and i'll posit a score....meaning is it some guy who'll show a direct red to guatemala...

usa second teamers have a memory of the t&t loss, so i suspect they'll be motivated

2. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think USMNT B should close the deal on the Semi-Round. Vs T&T we played a team in a desperate situation in their own stadium but we still could've walked away with a victory had we needed it, and wanted. I posted the squad that went down to Guatemala back in '05 when we had already qualified and Guatemala needed a win real bad before the first game of the semis, here it is again:

USA: 1-Marcus Hahnemann, 6-Chris Albright, 22-Chad Marshall, 12-Jimmy Conrad, 3-Greg Vanney; 23-Santino Quaranta (10-Landon Donovan, 64), 25-Pablo Mastroeni (capt.), 8-Clint Dempsey (19-Steve Ralston, 89), 15-Bobby Convey; 13-Taylor Twellman, 11-Jeff Cunningham (9-Eddie Johnson, 57)
    In bold are players that have no business even our b-team.

The question, again, is how can Guatemala beat us?

1-0 For the US.

3. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great call and thanks for the stroll down memory lane. I enjoyed your bold letter player thoughts also, sometimes I see hope for Santino Quaranta, although he is definitely not Bob's type of boy.