What will be the average attendance of FCNY?

Discussion in 'F.C. New York' started by psveindhoven, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy there, the Borough Boys do not discriminate on sexual preference , so if thats what you think of first. We welcome you as well :D

2. QueensNick

QueensNick Member

Jul 19, 2007
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

we dont discriminate at all - agreed - didnt say it to offend!

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol lol

4. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Then what the hell does this mean:

"I've waited since 1994 for a team on this side of the river and they have finally arrived."

5. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very similar to the comment you made about rethinking NYC2 if they rebrand RB to Metros.

6. longislandsoccer

longislandsoccer New Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Well if they are willing to spend 2 million on the rights for the Cosmos brand name...it might just happen since it is rumored that Red Bull is going to pull out of everything except the stadium

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Not at all cosmos, you were lying to make some sort of point. I wasn't. Either you've been waiting for a team since 1994, or not. You can't have it both ways. On the other hand, it's perfectly logical and not a lie to say that I might be a fan of the franchise again if Red Bull sold, since the reason I stopped being a fan of the franchise was the Red Bull branding.

par for the course, cosmos, par for the course.

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Excuse me Jesus, but how was I lying? I've been waiting for the team this side of the river since 1994. That it ended up being in USL is a concession.

That you might revert to being a Metros fan just shows that you never really felt any loyalty to the NYC2 cause or used its as a stepping stone.

Slow day at work? Bored?

9. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Metrogo, Chris, NYC deserves a new team and a own new history. I hope that if the Red Bulls will rebrand in Metrostars or Cosmos nobody Borough Boy will follow they in NJ why NY DESERVES a new team that plays in NEW YORK CITY !!!!!

10. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fabio, if RB SELLS the team and someone buys it and wants to bring back the Cosmos, I will back it. It's the first soccer team I ever liked. If RB owns the team and rebrands it Cosmos, I doubt that I will go, I just don't like the corporate nonsense of RB.

Initially there were reports that Wilpon was interested in bringing back the Cosmos name. Hopefully, he does that and returns them to their previous glory. NYC in 2012!!!!!!

11. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Chris, I realize and ABOVE ALL I RESPECT your position, but if RB sells the team and someone buys it and to bring back the Cosmos, will be you a Cosmos fan EVEN IF they will play in NEW JERSEY ?

12. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    NYC not only deserves a team. NYC should have a team for the sake of soccer success in this country.

13. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

This is the why I say that we must have a MLS team in 2012 and not beyond this date !!!!!

14. whitecapsDaily

whitecapsDaily New Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    I think their location means that the team will get a lot of Long Island people but probably very few from Manhattan, Brooklyn, NJ.

15. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    this team will draw 500 people tops....if that.....

16. longislandsoccer

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The Rough Riders draw around 500 and they are PDL...I believe they can do a little better then 500...

17. BuddhaNYC

BuddhaNYC Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Queens, NYC
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    have you been to rough rider games? i have there are like..20 ppl tops that go to games..even that is on a good day
    500 is a bloated number of season ticket sales.. and season tickets are extremely cheap..

18. frominsidethelines

frominsidethelines New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    An F.C.New York Supporters Group is forming. Looking for those that love the beautiful game or want to follow a great sport in a great place. If interested email Gideon at kickingit@ireland.com. I hope to get some good people to come for a drink in October at Dillingers

DILLINGERS pub
    46-19 30th Ave
    Astoria, NY 11103

19. PCFC

PCFC Member

May 13, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Newry City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool...but why Dillingers? Don't really know much about it.

20. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I've been to a few PDL games in the last couple of years. DON'T BELIEVE the attendance figures. One of the games I went to this year, Brooklyn Knights on a wednesday night. The figures said over 500 people. We counted everyone in the place including people working there . Guess how many we counted ? a little over 50. Where were the other 450 ? They bought season tixs ..thats where they get that number from

21. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will you be running a bus from there to games ? If so let us know
    same thing about a night out ..lets us know

22. soccergermany

soccergermany New Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I don't know if a stadium outside the city makes sense. I believe Queens would be a great place. Big latino population plus easily accessible from manhattan.

23. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    keep dreaming if you think latinos or any one else is going to get behind a 2nd division club....

100 people per game tops

24. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    And you know this, how? :rolleyes:

25. longislandsoccer

Jun 7, 2009
    Lynbrook
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    some people are just too funny :D

a lot of people are treating this team as if they are the rebirth of the Rough Riders...not that that is a bad thing mind you, when they played top flight and were good....you know Tony Meola and company....they would draw 4-5k a game no problem....They don't seem to get the Rough Riders are a PDL team these days...it would explain why they only draw 50-100 people a game. A Long Island based "professional" team can draw 5k a game with good marketing and a good on the field product...I would venture to guess.