What was the Greatest Arsenal Goal EVER?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Neo¹, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I'm playing at 75% here...

2. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Reyes one was awesome. Can you do this for the Henry goal vs Man U and the Bergkamp goal vs Sunderland?

3. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    agreed

4. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Silvinho hit one better than that reyes goal vs chavski (ironic they both were against chavski)~
    Henry's flick turnaround from just outside the box (vs manyoo) was a thing of beauty..
    obviously god's genius...
    super bob's 3rd vs s'hampton to complete the hattrick from a couple years ago was fantastic... there are just so many beautiful goals

5. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Greatest goal I've ever personally seen was TH14 last year against ManU at Highbury. Man did he just nail that one. I was sitting in the North Bank upper second row and it was just beautiful.

6. footballer10

footballer10 New Member

May 14, 2001
    Flower Mound, TX
    That shot was awesome. It had a wicked curve on it.

7. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The cool thing was after he scored, everyone was going crazy and man does the North Bank upper move. All the pictures I took were blurry because the whole place was moving up and down and all around.

8. rs124

rs124 New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    of the recent ones, my favorite is Henry against the scum, picking up the ball near the half way line and going through a dozen or so scum players...

Thomas '89 my best memory though

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i honestly think if it had been any keeper other than Caroll it would not have been a goal. When you look at it from behind the goals, the ball goes EXACTLY where Caroll was standing. He saw the kick and immediately jumped to his right. Yeh it swirved but nothing a keeper cant handle.

My 2c

p.s. im a beacon of light...dont hurt me ;)

10. topcatcole

topcatcole BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 26, 2003
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal has so many that it is hard to choose. The other thing is that look at all the goals they have scored through brilliant team play. The goal itself is often just a tap-in, but the way the team play to dismantle the opposing defense can make it a great goal as well. On this basis, we have a lot of great goals to choose from.

For me personally, the Charlie George goal really made me an Arsenal fan, and the Bergy goal in the first post are my two favorite individual efforts, although the goal Thierry scored when he dribbled through 3/4s of the Spurs defense a couple of years ago is right up there. (I didn't see the Thomas goal live so it didn't have the same impact for me, although it is very dramatic).

11. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    That Henry Goal where he spins around Chelsea Goal Keeper. Pure Class!!

-N1

12. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    :eek: Must be the first post i've ever seen from you that i would describe as non-offensive.

13. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

[​IMG]
    It took like 5 days but its here

14. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the goals shown and discussed are great! Some of the ones I love are those that are set up by beautifully placed though balls from Bergy. As soon as the pass leaves his foot, you can see the space it creates and you get butterflies in your stomach b/c you know what is coming next, no matter who taps it in.

15. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Spot on!!

16. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    good job - what about Pires at Anfield last season

17. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    this isnt good goals thead
    this is greatest goals for Arsenal ever thread
    though if you think its the greatest Arsenal goal ever i guess your entitled to your opinion

18. krause9

krause9 New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    Hey jerk store - I just would like to watch over and over again at work

If you want my list - here it goes

1. JAR9 vs Chelsea FA Cup 2004
    2. DB10 vs Sunderland FA Cup 97 or 98
    3. DB10 vs Newcastle EPL 2002

Any questions?

19. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Reyes debut goal for boro. I laughed hard!!

20. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

You have to Re-Size them so there small and Get a .Gif maker.

-N1

21. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    This is a Wicked Arsenal Goal by Henry.

Click Here

-N1

22. No1ArsenalFan

No1ArsenalFan New Member

May 6, 2004
    I don't remember the Bergkamp goal against Sunderland in the FA Cup was that the time when we took a throw in and there was uproar because 1 of their players were down I think steve bruce was in charge. If someone has a video of this I can save I would love it.

My favourite goals I can remember were Bergkamp against leicester in 1998 i think when he scored his hatrick the 1 against newcastle and my most memorable has got to be Tony Adams against everton when we won the title I think it was adams is last season good old Tony

No1ArsenalFan

23. Fabregas' no. 1 fan

Fabregas' no. 1 fan New Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I only support Cesc
    Bergkamp's lob against Bayer Leverkusen was something special. Pretty much anything Bergkamp does is special actually. God, we're gonna miss him so bad