What transfers do you want to see Milan make?

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by RobsterCraw, Oct 19, 2009.

1. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hernanes and Dzeko and some sort of speedy fullbackss.

2. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Any chance of geting Nilmar..who's never realy settled in Villareal and the club as a whole is not doing well!!!
    He's young,has tremendous pace ,good technical skills ,hard working inside and outside the penalty box and an eye for goal....He was excellent for Brazil in the last few qualifiers and recent friendlies......He has all the qualities PATO has and can suppliment ato very well...PATO-Nilmar combination could be deadly...

And he could be available for less than what Fabiano costs!!!

3. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Well the nice thing is Dzeko and now Krasic(on his twitter account lol) both said they prefer milan over all interested clubs

4. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    I'm not sold on Nilmar. He did well against England but that is to say that he did well against a defense that is remarkably slower than he and aside from the goal and the fullback's howler, he wasn't really doing much to capitalize on all the space he could get while alongside bigger threats like Kaka and Luis Fabiano.

I'd agree with you about Wijnaldum. If I were Galliani, my strategy would be to buy him and loan him out, even loan him to the club he's at. Then have him train with Milan in the summer to see if he can step up and if not loan him out for the year. He mostly plays on the right side of midfield (I think), so we don't really need him now. However if we move back into a 4-4-2 then we'll have Pato as the second striker and he could be deployed on the right. At the least I see him growing in value, even if he spends his whole Milan contract on loan we might get some good money out of picking him up.

Hernanes Dzeko and Lukaku, and some speedy fullback, I like it. Those are in my mind good top priorities.
    Lukaku because if we don't pick him up, somebody else will and he could be an extremely good part of a long term strategy.

5. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfortunately for Nilmar, who might be a good player, the skepticism on him is unnecessarily high due to the high level of fanboy status on him.

Further evidence that having intense fanboy status can do your career more harm than good. I think its fair to agree that the skepticism is not only coming from me but also the major clubs in Europe who have not really taken the chance on him. And considering that we are linked to every 10 year old that is any good out of Brazil, that says a lot.

6. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Hernanes, I am not sure if he could be amazing for us, but he could be very good.

But I think that without a replacement for Pirlo, one that could provide us with a standard of play circa 2003-2007 from Pirlo, this team could become good but not great. It may not necessarily be the same kind of player, as we know Albertini was also a lot like Pirlo in some ways but a lot different in others. And a part of a great Milan side in the 90s as well.

Albertini had a much higher workrate and was much stronger than Pirlo, but Pirlo is definitely more skillful. But without a player that can provide us with what both those players did for their respective teams, without a world-class regista, this team will always be good, not great.

At this point, only Xavi can fill this role with world-class ability. But we all know thats not possible. So who do you guys think will be able to grow into this role?

7. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i always thought gourcuff could do sum damage at a center mid position...

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    well you know what....he aint coming so let move on....

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    not coming or already left??? haha. hmm. :eek: :(

10. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    The thing that worries me about the transfers we need to make in the fullback and central midfield positions is that as much as I want us investing in promising prospects instead of breaking the bank on proven world-class players, considering the age of Milan's first choice players in these positions, we can hardly afford to gamble on promising players. I'd say that in both the midfield and fullback we need one proven talent in each.

11. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Unfortunately both positions have very limited players who are truly great. It's not like we could convince Barca to let go of Xavi or Dani Alves. Or Manchester United to let go of Evra. Or Real Madrid let go of Sergio Ramos. Or Chelsea let go of Bosingwa and Essien.

You get the idea.

12. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Yes but that is only including the most highly rated. We don't need to have the best left-back in the world, we just need to know that whoever we buy will be good enough. Same goes for the central midfield positions. If we can't keep Pirlo in form, there are other players out there. Luka Mordric is well rated and proven in Europe, but he plays for Tottenham, it wouldn't seem unreasonable to think that he could be lured to the San Siro. there is also Mikel Arteta at Everton, who is happy there but money talks. There are many class players that may not be the absolute greatest in their position, but could still do well at Milan. Obviously the center-mids would be sort of a problem because it'd be hard to win anything with a midfield that is only "good enough". But lets not pretend that the way all the players out there are currently rated is some sort of canonical truth. There may be real gems that are stuck riding the pine or players who may not merit such a high rating now but may be the world beaters of tomorrow. Look at Tiago Silva. This is his second stint in Europe, the first didn't go so good, but he's shown himself to be great at Milan.

13. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Please not Luca Modric. He's really overrated imo

14. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree, Robster, but when the club fvk's up on players who could contribute and do well now and still have potential to grow into world class stars, players like Gourcuff and Cissokho, I am left rather disillusioned.

15. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Well me too, but this thread isn't for predicting what Milan will do in the transfer market, it is for elaborating on what we want Milan to do.

16. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    fair enough.

I have to say that if we want players who can grow into world class stars we will have to go rather young. I mean players with one good season under their belt are demanding outrageous transfer fees. (I am looking at you, Dzeko)

I like the moves Milan have been making in getting some great young players for Primavera, and hopefully those pan out in the future, but it still means that in the short term, we will be struggling a fair amount.

17. RobsterCraw

RobsterCraw Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Well having seen what Dzeko is capable of, Milan could do a lot worse. He's got confidence, talent, vision, and power. the alleged 30 million pound buy out clause is too much. 23-25 might be more reasonable. I'm almost resigned to the fact that Huntelaar was never going to step up his game when making the jump from a less difficult league. We could use some real class in our point man. I'm happy with Borriello's work rate and his goal poaching for now. But a 23 year old top class striker is hard to overlook. If Milan can't afford Dzeko and a couple fullbacks, then we'll have to pass on him.

18. saintski79

saintski79 Red Card

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    Academica de Coimbra
    don't touch gattuso!!!!