What to do when mods go crazy?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by bigtoga, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    So I posted what I believe to be a legit post/reply in teh Arsenal forum and one mod, rickbreese, just totally came over and edited my post to have me say
    Yes, it's comical but really, was it necessary/deserved? This guy is a mod??

What's the process for having mods reviewed? His orginal post that I quoted in my post (that was edited over by him) was way over the line. I wrote a legit post and he went nuts. The thread is here - https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3501558#post3501558 - and tonight, I finally went through and responded "in kind."

Or is there no process of reviewing mods?

I just thought it was pretty crappy what he did. I had written a legit post and replied to his attack yet he totally edited my post...

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a run in with that guy before. In my four years on BS he's the least mature and responsible mod I've come across.

Including Lucid. No, really.

This is the sort of thing he does all the time. Just steer clear of the guy.

3. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

feed them anti-crazy pills.

4. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Rick is a great Mod, and he is human. He was probibly in a Bad Mood. The mod you need to get rid of is Sinko. That guy has serious problems and loves to power trip. This guy sent me like 4 p.m.'s yesterday for the same post. I guess the reason he kept sending me P.M.s was because he wanted me to beg for his forgiveness LoL. Anyways I stopped checking his P.M.s and he finially left me alone.

-N1

5. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

I have been away, so couldn't respond until now.

With Bill, I took out venom on him over a thread that was hijacked... Ive made it clear that I did not mean what I said to him to be completly directed at him. I went about that in the wrong way, I had hoped we could move on from that.....?

With bigtoga - sorry mate, but you need to grow up with your posts and realise that if you are going to troll, your posts are going to be edited. You were one of the annoying offenders when over the Man U v Arsenal match and kept on. So don't bother with your innocent approach. I can't find a single time that you have contributed to the Arsenal board, so if you don't like the reactions of myself and Coach to your posts, then take Bills advice and steer clear. We are very relaxed towards trolls, I try to take the comical line most of the time rather than give out yellows and forum bans like the Chelsea forum. I don't like to see people banned. So take a look at what you are actually posting, realise you have been reported for trolling numerous times, hence why I have PM'd you, which you ignored and then edited you.

6. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I have a question apart from the topic that started this thread in the first place-

Are mods supposed to be neutral and fair at all times at any forums or do they have the right to be biased from time to time depending on the nature of seperate forums?

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Mods are supposed to be neutral, but obviously when it comes to certain things (like Man U or Spurs trolls in a Arsenal Mods case e.g) it would be very hard to be completly neutral. At the end of the day, as the T's and C's state, if your post might annoy someone, ask the Mod first as to whether they will tolerate it.

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Ooops pressed enter.

Here's the second half of the message:
    ----------------------------------------

I suppose mods are human, much like the rest of us, but when mods, who are users obligated to set examples to other fellow users, troll and retaliate without any scientific or proven means to represent their voices, or even when they succumb to racial explotiation and segregation, often gives one an unprofessional impression that some of these mods are actually incapable of doing their jobs. As far as im concerned with this issue, we have too many mods and the very bearing fact that there is another secretive forum for moderators where regular users do not have access to, somehow can be percieved as a political attempt to keep their power and "superiority" in tact. I'm not sure if this bigsoccer.com is owned by a private company or even a single person, but just as JFK once said, the very word "secretive" is a simple malarchey and anarchy to the very principles of democracy in which we all abide by, noting that this is an american-owned site.

Cheers.

(don't quote me on that JFK quote b/c i really dont know the exact words - if any of you wish to correct me, please feel free to do so).

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, e, we have our forum so we can discuss think like forum bans and red/yellow cards. Also, we are not paid, so we are not here full time. That is why there is more than one mod for a single forum, let alone the entire board. And I got my power by simply asking. A judgement call was made based on the quality of my posts.

Additionally, there are issues regarding mods, themselves, that need to addressed behind closed doors. Sure, we try to be democratic, but do you hear and know everything that is discussed at 10 Downing St, or in the White House?

10. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars

All this is a subjective opinion. Not everybody thinks this way. 'Troll' and 'Trolling' are illdefined, subjective terms that the mod has the discretion to interpret as and when it suits them. Mods have no right to edit or delete anybody else's post. Beside who made you moderator anyway??? I had you down as troll, all the way to the bone! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:cool:

11. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars
    And what quality was this? Lucidity? Charm? Intelligence? Liberalism? Reasonableness?

No I guess it couldn't have been any of those! Ha! :cool:

12. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Riiiight. Ok. Im not sure how to reply to you. I suppose I could give my sympathies?

13. KingVicTwenty

KingVicTwenty New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    In Mars
    No neeeed. Your pretentious signatures say more about you than your slightly gay avatar!

Oh no. am I going to get carded for homophobia?

;)

14. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Fair enough. I suppose that my yellow card would automatically lead to the assumption of the quality of my posts, but that reply was nothing but a "half-assed" answer. You must acknowledge the fact that there are some of you who don't belong with the "priveledged" moderator status. But then again, what can I say anything about it -

Well let me cut this short with an unsatirical remark: Thanks to all who make BS a jovial community enjoyed by thousands.

15. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Pretentious signatures!! Whats wrong with them, I think they're quite good actually.

And Mr Wenger looks very respectable in my opinion, i'll take the old version of the word gay and agree with you!!

16. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Just to be clear, it's not okay for posters or mods to make personal attacks on other posters for whatever reason, be it for trolling or otherwise.

If you are unclear about what a particular mod defines as trolling, please contact them directly.