What to do? (Training)

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Kid101, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    When I started to play Hattrick June 3,2004; I thought of training defenders so I bought a lot of them then FIRED THEM ALL!!! Pretty stupid.
    Later, I accidentally set training to winger and it went on for about 4 weeks, when I said " Oh, Hattrick is freaking cool!!"

I went to train wingers, but after reading the conferences I realized how important it is to have a strong midfield in higher divisions. I'll probably promote to V. and considered switching training so I need your help.

I currently have 2 excellents 3 solids and 5 passables.

Here are several options, please give your comments.

Z) Train wingers until the end of the season then sell them to buy playmaking trainees for next season.

Y) Stop winger training right now,sell, and buy playmaking trainees this season.

X) Keep training wingers and buy older middies and wingers with high playmaking.

W) Other:

V) I dont give a crap!! About your crappy team and dont deserve my knowledge and advice.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    V

No, I'm kidding, first off, where are those players that you currently have located? The excellent, solid, etc. Where do those players play? While you do need to have midfield to compete, you can also work to get that by training what you have and selling them to improve your team. For instance, Heavy Water FC, Dex, our friendly mod, trains scoring, and since he's done that well and for a while he's been able to buy decent midfielders with his sell of strikers. My best advice is to pick one training scheme and stick with it, go through groups of trainees, training them and selling them. Over time it will allow you to buy better players. What kind of coach do you have?

3. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    All of the players that I've mentioned are wingers. My mids are passables and I have a passable coach. Should I stick with the not so popular winger training and buy high playmakers with some wing skill or something like that?
    It seems that in Hattrick all you worry about is possession, many play their wingers without any wing skill just plain playmaking, which sucks for me but there's still a small market for wingers, but the pressure for competing in a V is making me think about changing training. I just dont know.

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is probably not the best option. You won't get a lot of money for your trainees, and you'll have spent the time to take them through the part of the training curve where you get the least return.

I like this less than Z, for the same reasons.

Winger trainees with high playmaking are great but difficult to find. Starting out, you probably can't afford them, but it could be a good option to pursue down the road.

Buying older middies is what you'll need to look at doing with the profits from your training program. This is what anybody does who isn't training playmaking. It's standard procedure.

5. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    I'm thinking of sticking with wingers for one more season, if I get my butt handed to me then I may change to playmaking. Maybe I wont even promote now, I have 2 of my 4 midfielders hurt and I'll be playing the second place team but at home.
    If I promote would it be a good Idea to, besides upgrading the inner middies, buy 2 20 or 21 yo passable wingers with solid playmaking? They're only about 150,000 to 250,000. This might waste 2 training spots but It might guarantee me a decent spot in V.

6. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Don't sacrafice training for short term success, since effective training is what helps bring you long term success. If you don't promote this year or if you get rocked in D.V, chalk it up to a good season of learning tactics, and reload with your improved trainees. Train your wingers for at least another season, and don't buy the 20 or 21 yo pass wingers with solid PM. You can get solid IMs (with bad stamina) for ~50k. Save up some attendance money (which you should be getting if you're winning in D.VI) and buy one or two before the end of the season and do some stamina training in the offseason.

7. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Sticking with wingers. Now, should I sell my 20 yo excellent winger now and buy a younger one? Or stick with him until he pops to formidable in about 5 weeks?

8. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Stick - quite a jump to formidable in transfer $s. Just remember - unless they are really talented the buyer can't tell how far along the curve a player is to jumping - so don't sell a guy about to jump - wait then sell

9. Kid101

Kid101 New Member

Oct 31, 2004
    I'll stick with him but I think I'll move him down to playing wingback, if he needs about 5 weeks to pop then that'll make it 10 and at the end of the season he is out. My reason: a newly bought player, I dont know if it was a good buy though I may have got myself ripped off.
    Cost me around 100,000 with solid playmaking probably low, and passable wing, he's 18. TSI about 450 BUT his stamina is wretched and form is poor. So I thought, TSI will go up when his form improves and I still got 2 off seasons to train stamina till he turns 20. If I'm lucky he'll go from wretched to passable.
    I got two wingers actually, but the other one is 17 with passable playmaking and wing.
    This two players will probably be my starters for next season.
    Any comments??

10. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Sound like fine buys. Just keep on keepin on.

11. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a hundred thou, I think that's not so bad, although the wretched stamina is really rough. However, if you can get him up to passable stamina, that will probably be enough for a winger.

That's a very good trainee for you at this point.