What the hell is Arena waiting for??

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Stevedm, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
  2. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Stevie--

You forgot to post your picture with that erudite post...

[​IMG]

3. skeeinfree

skeeinfree New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Southern California
    while we're at it

give freddy adu his first cap as well...

4. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ummmm, get yourself together .......... Damani Ralph is not a US Citizen, he's a Jamaican citizen, and by all accounts has NO interest whatsoever in playing for the U.S. As a matter of fact, I just finished reading an article in which he states that he is very surprised that he hasn't gotten a chance to get capped with Jamaica yet and he can't understand it. He wants to play for HIS country, which is perfectly understandable. Hell, the US needs to get Edson Buddle in some games so that he can strut his stuff. Buddle is just as young (or a year younger than Ralph), and his numbers per game are SIGNIFICANTLY better than Damani's. People need to recognize his skills!

5. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Can you say "flavor of the week"?

Let me guess, you were one of those guys that begged US Soccer to help Jeff Cunningham with his citizenship paperwork, right?

Taylor Twellman has consistantly lit up MLS defenses for the past two years, yet barely gets a sniff of National team PT.

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I start a thread blaming Arena for not cap tying Wayne Rooney to the US, will it get locked?

Steve...only citizens can play for the Nats. Ralph is not a citizen.

7. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Hell to freeze over.

8. usagoal

usagoal Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Las Vegas
  9. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
  10. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Michael Ricketts should be nearing citizenship now that he's married to nancyb. Once that happens then nancyb can divorce him and marry Ralph.

11. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago
    Re: Re: What the hell is Arena waiting for??

No not really!!! What is stopping him from giving damani and sayign hey how abotu you get yoru citizen papers!?!?! Ahhh I guess it needs to be mentioned by a writer for it to be legitimate. Carry on folks carry on. :)

12. Stevedm

Stevedm Red Card

Jan 19, 2000
    Chicago

Funny "the I'm a loser comment coming from a guy who has the ultimate loser as his screename!! Wow you hurt me so!!! lol. That hurts about as much as if Clinton called me up and said I was classless and disrespectful to the U.S.!! Ultimate irony.

13. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Re: Re: Re: What the hell is Arena waiting for??

Why would Arena call a player up that is not even CLOSE to becoming a citizen???

14. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still can't believe Bruce let Wayne Rooney slip through his fingers like that.

But I am sure we can all agree that by not capping Thierry Henry, Bruce set US soccer back 20 years.

15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Re: Re: Re: What the hell is Arena waiting for??

If Damani wants to apply for citizenship, he can do it himself without Arena asking him.

Arena and Ralph have spoken to one another. Ralph has also spoken to former Nats assistant Dave Sarachan just about every day all season. Arena and Sarachan probably talk all of the time about Beasley, Bocanegra, Armas, Thornton, and the other Fire Nats candidates so that Bruce knows how they're doing in practice and in games Bruce doesn't see.

I don't understand why you think you're the only one who's thought about this.

The first step: Damani has to decide he wants to be a US citizen. As of now, that's not the case. Once he did decide that, it would still take years for him to be eligible.

Please let that end the process of you making an idiot of yourself.

16. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Congratulations, Stevie!

You have now put yourself in the company of that genius Mike Segroves in your attacking me for, of all possible things, my screen name. You weren't actually trying to steer the thread away from the fact that your post was really stupid and classless, were you? :D

17. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Taylor Twellman has unfortunately done ZERO with the opportunities he's been given in international play...that explains that. But he'll get other chances.

18. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    Correct. The two to three games that Taylor Twellman has been given he has done nothing with. I can count about a lot more than that, that Cobi Jones, Ernie Stewart, and Clint Mathis have done absoloutely nothing with.

19. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Don't worry Mike, he is.

20. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look guys, before you start screaming for someone who's not a US citizen to become a citizen, do some very minimal research to find out how one actually becomes a citizen.

Let's play a game. See how many web pages you must navigate through after you searcn on US citizen Google to find a description of the process. I bet you can do it in two if you look for domains that end in gov.

Seriously, it's all spelled out on a certain US government web site. Once you find that site, you'll learn that becoming a US citizen is a lengthy process.

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah, but nancy, if you have his love child, then surely Bruce would have to cap him, right? :p

22. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One day the whole starting 22 of the Nats will be nancyB love childs from 22 differente fathers. :)

23. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God damn Democrats and their social programs!

24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    But if she caps him, there can't be a love child.

25. bbsbt

bbsbt Member+

Feb 26, 2003
    It took 11 months for me...
    Don't know if this considered lengthy or not...