What star would you like that Real Madrid sign the next year?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Again..like I said Totti's market value is debatable but I would believe him to be somewhat expensive. If Roma was really prepared to sell (which would be anarchy and chaos provoking at this stage) knowing there bargaining habits it's likely that they'd ask money similar to Zidanes "mega" transfer from Juve. IMHO I dont think Real will spend that kind of money again; people forget that this is a business that has boundries and obligations in terms of fiscal responsibility, Totti is just simply not a conceivable option at this point in time.

Some people don’t consider him that good, and that he is a typical pre-Madonna player with a lousy attitude; my answer to that is simply "you haven’t seen him play enough". Totti is the real deal. His finesse, vision, technique, and precision is uncanny. People who know Totti for what he is would not consider this description an exaggeration, but the truth. If Italy has any hopes in EURO 2004 it's Totti and his abilities.

2. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    The way Totti is playing this season, Roma would have to be in serious debt or just plain retarded to let him go. Many say this is his best season at Roma ever.

However, if Roma win the Scudetto this season, then all of Totti's goals will have been fulfilled... except one- play at Real Madrid. If that happens, I am confident that Totti will start negotiations with Real.

3. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    All of a sudden I support Roma then.

Go Roma!!!

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    agreed, plus Del Piero, his ideal partner up front.

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many times do I have to explain to you how your limited mental capacity restricts you from comprehending reality?

If Real Madrid wants a player, and that player wants to join Real Madrid, there is almost no limit to the amount they will spend. The proof is on the pitch every weekend.

More like "not necessary" option.

Please, tell me this was intended.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wrong. I dont doubt your sceptisism but the fact is that he wouldnt go for anything less than 35-40 mil pounds. Just some advice, whatever you do, never use soccerage as source for that kind of required information. Soccerage tends only opinionate things in constant extremeties. Either they make something look outrageously miniscule or vastly out-proportioned. For me its the most undesirable news source in cyberspace; tribalfootball is second.

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think this guy wants to fight? Please go back to your dingy dead-end-job and sit in your cubicle and reminise about how much of large prick you are.
    You dont have any idea who your talking to.

And let me just finish off by saying that you couldn't possibly know the value of something like a million dollars, I mean for you it is just a reacurring number without any implications. It's called money you terd face..lots of money. It doesn't rain from the sky neither does appear out of thin air, rather it is "the" major driving force of the sport you and I both cherrish. Granted Madrid has plenty of it, but you fail to recognise Madrid as
    a business: a living. breathing, matrix comprised of a heirarchy which in it has the individuals that run and govern that which you hold so dear. And being a business in this market, (competing with teams in various small/large economic scales) is the most grueling thing imaginable. Teams along with players can inherit with them maginificent success but more importantly they must live with the financial and economical disasters that follow. Money can be a clubs cure but in its eventual deprivation it acts as this sports instant killer. But ofcourse how could you possibly know what I'm talking about "for your nose remains upright and so thoust fails to see'th ground before which thyself stands."

Trolls exist because you exist Sinko, due to your percoscious and insulting behaviour. In a way I guess I feel sorry for you.

And about Totti, Real wishes they had him now..awell as I. He'll be twice the player he is in the comming years and I have no doubt he'll surpass contemporary legends the likes of Figo or possibly Zidane.

9. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time you post here, you open the door a little wider to allow the world to perceive your ignorance.

What on God's green Earth are you reading from? Economics For Inbreeds?

You treat the entity that is Real Madrid as if they exist in a zero-sum universe. They've proven that they defy all conventional wisdom with the moves they've made these last few years, starting with Figo. Obviously you fail to grasp the significance of how the collection of superstars has been assembled. How easy it is for you to write off the amount paid for Zidane's transfer, only to insist that it couldn't happen in the case of Totti. Right.

First it was pre-Madonna, now it's percosious. A sixth grade education level?

I am hostile because you continue to pollute this forum with your quasi-intellectual blather. I could care less who you are and what you do otherwise.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hmm ignorance in this case seems to be in the eye of the beholder. I mean common you are a Real fan right?

As opposed to to the material you read : "The Madrid Hand-job Daily" or "Propoganda Lmtd."

"Zero-sum universe"? I like your syntax Sinko..very ridiculous haha. Ya whatever man...you make it sound like Perez has infinite resources or something, get real and stop putting words in my mouth.

Hey common..we prefer to be known as the grammatically inclined!

Quasi intellectual blather? Than you must be Mr. Intellectual Overdrive Man" which is kind of hard to explain cause you talk out of other places besides your mouth. I dont mind you being hostile, I cant blame you for finding me threatening.

11. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Commoner. You meant to write Commoner. Your delusions of grandeur are almost convincing. Too bad about the educational level, though.

You can consider this list of accolades the only Real Madrid reference point that matters to you. Study it. Learn it. Live by it.

What makes this experience especially significant is that you are spending such time in the Real Madrid forum. You must suffer from such low self esteem that you feel the compulsive need to troll here. I mean, you are an AC Milan fan, right? Why not go infest those boards?

I prefer the magazine which carries Fifa's official title Team of the Twentieth Century.

OK, I must have been incorrect the first time. You obviously have only a 5th grade education.

Is this the epitome of irony?

Threatening? Not in the least. Instead, I find you annoying, much in the way that a green-headed horse fly is annoying. You know, the flies that are hatched in feces, and which don't know how they seal their own fate by daring to engage a superior being. Know thyself, Shitfly.

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan

Hmm..a little too revealing here Sinko. I mean to say; you might as well of just spelled in caps: "I AM A DWEEB" cause its fitting as it pertains to your nerdy vibe.

I have know doubt that your spectacles cracked from rapid thesaurus reading as you continually insist on trying to be witty when it is obvious you mean to hide your lack of insight and any sort of originality in your posts. Its an interesting mechanism I must admit. Ok, I'll be the mature one and end the bantering so I wont insult nor will I insist on getting the last word. Just for kicks lets review what you said about the "discussion at hand".

"How many times do I have to explain to you how your limited mental capacity restricts you from comprehending reality?
    If Real Madrid wants a player, and that player wants to join Real Madrid, there is almost no limit to the amount they will spend. The proof is on the pitch every weekend"

This is what you said ya? Ok lets take a look at this argument as it is the only relevant thing you've said so far. It is vividly apparent that you maintain the outmost confidence in Real’s spending power but yet you fail to present any logic regarding reason. Without a doubt Real has had a surge of great players due to the fact that the team had a change in ownership and therefore a heap of cash to spend. And so Real is the richest team and they have been for the last 4-5 years. However something interesting has happened this year though, an anomaly in enterprise re-formation, a club that goes by the name of Chelsea. The thing is Sinko you'll blindly praise your clubs strength as they have managed to acquire great talents however I beg you to consider the strength of the competition that Real was up against at the time. Who in the world could compete with a mega signing like Zidane? I mean in all honestly which team out there would be willing to spend such money for one player? Same with Ronaldo and to some extent Beckham. So now we can speculate I about another great star like Totti.

You probably know this or maybe you don't; an absolutely massive bid was made for Totti by Abromovich during the offseason. It would have been a double purchase: Emerson/Totti for 60 million Euros, 20 mil for the Brazilian and 40 for Totti. If it was made it would have been Italy's largest single sale of all time. Now you said that Real can get any player they want, and to tell the truth a year ago I would have agreed with you. But now with Chelsea in the mix aswell as other formidable financial powers like ManU/Milan can you in all honestly tell me that Real maintains a general advantage in acquiring very desirable targets? If Real wanted Totti and made a bid for him tomorrow don't you think Chelsea would top it? Its mid season and I'm completely convinced that Abromovich already has his fingernails in all of Europes top stars. I know you mentioned that Totti is a madrista and would want to go to Madrid, but, like every other player in Europe Totti has an agent, an agent who would make a very very hefty commission by a potentially much larger bid by Chelsea. And so Roma having a great relationship with the player would insist that Totti sign with Chelsea and in return he himself could get a percentage of the purchase. This is not fiction, it is the will of teams that are heavily in debt like Roma and desperatley need to surface from it.

This is the argument that I have made. If you do comment on it please refrain from ripping my argument apart by inserting mini replies. Instead I'd appreciate if you would construct something on your own.

13. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Apparently some people in here are thick headed.

If Chelsea offers x amount of dollars and it is accepted...the PLAYER still has to agree to go.

So if Chelsea offers double what Real is offering...and Totti refuses to go to Chelsea, then Roma either accepts the Real deal or keeps him.

Remember Ronnie...who is now in Barcelona...he didn't go to ManU did he?

Now u have a player in Totti who adamently says Real is the only place he would go if he left Roma.

Players have preferences and money isn't everything. Robben has rejected the idea of going to Real even admitting he would rather go to Barca if he had to go to the Spanish League.

Joaquin preferred to stay in Betis who last time I checked is not a big club, refusing approaches by ManU. If Real came for Joaquin...he wouldn't refuse.

So NO, Real doesn't need to offer whaterver Chelsea is offering. They offer what they want and if Roma accepts so be it.

14. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are consoled by the notion that I need a thesaurus, then I’ll let you keep it.

I will say, yet again, as has been my point from the moment you decided to come to this forum, that you are severely bound by your personal limitations. Whether it has to do with the words I use, or with the idea that Real Madrid C.F. has few peers in terms of current strength, buying power, appeal, and history, the fact remains that your limited capacity to comprhend the issues does you no favors here. It drives you to assumptions that are flat out wrong.

You hold on to this incorrect assumption that money is the sole issue. Your Chelsea point only supports my argument. Even if Abramovich had been on the scene, and tripled Real’s offer for Zidane, the result would have been the same. Why? Because Zidane wanted to come to Real Madrid. The same with Beckham. IIRC, Ronaldo had some lucrative offers from England at the time of his move. The fact of the matter is that they came because Real Madrid is Real Madrid. These players want to play for Real Madrid so that they can be in the annual parades down the Castellana to the Cibeles. The money helped to get them there, of course. But Perez and Valdano have been equally prudent and lavish at the same time. They have made these enormous deals, which drew plenty of gasps from all corners, but they’ve proven to be successful. What has Abramovich’s money bought him? A collection of mercenaries that have few emotional ties to the club. Even Makalele said in a recent interview that Chelsea is nothing compared to Real. We'll see how many trophies they win.

Why can’t Chelsea buy Totti? Because he doesn’t want to be there. He might not make the same amount of upfront cash with Real Madrid, but his image value would be significantly higher as a “galactico”, and his agent would certainly understand that.

I don’t see Totti's value, but Perez and Valdano might. And if they want him, then I’ll keep an open mind about him. Their track record demands it.

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Did you read my post? In what way do I make your argument for you?
    Lets start off by saying that your comments about Zidane are at the very least, debatable. In your response you accuse me of speaking under false assumptions which is how my argument revolves around money. Well consider this; I cannot possibly know Zidanes "real" reasons for leaving Juve but I can quote what he said: "I left only because Real's large offer compelled me so much into wanting to join etc etc I left becuase they wanted me really badly...it made me feel really grateful.." There is also some significant speculation about his wife being bitchy and forced him too leave (maybe Turin was too cold I dunno) so like the family man that he is, he packed up and left. You say that he chose Madrid because of the name right? No way. Madrid's CL victories before Zidane were won by inches. 98 has to be the most ridiculous CL final in the tournaments history. Juve clearly outplayed Madrid but a freak goal occurred and allowed Madrid to record its first CL win since 1966 (I'm going from memory here so correct me if I'm wrong) . Then 2000 rolls around and Madrid manage to slither their way to the top and eventually record another victory against a gassed-out, and very fatigued Valencia. Granted Madrid beat ManU in the quarter finals (I think it was) which was an achievement considering ManU were the favorites and clearly a team at the top of their game. But in no way was Madrid the best club of that tournament. Valencia was much more impressive and although they were the underdogs, they disproved everyone's scepticism and made it to the final where they were unfortunately thrashed 3 nil. Now from here on Madrid was clearly more than just a competitive side, they were winning trophies under very wealthy management, but so was Bayern and ManU. Now it was understood that Madrid was now a formidable side and with all the attention Madrid got they did the best thing possible: sign a superstar. Now I dont know which idiot came up with the word "galacticos" because I personally think it's a little stupid but all I can say is that no way would a name like that exist without the likes of Zidane. The 2001 CL campaign was..to say the least, glorious. Madrid absolutely raped everyone they came into contact with, I mean they were averaging at least 3 goals a game if not more. In the second group stage they practically won every game. All of this contrived by Madrids most influential star: "baled man Zizou". So to relate this to my original argument I have no doubts that money is at least the first most influential force behind signing players. I know final discretion is given to the player (I wasn't born yesterday) and so money has got to be the number one thing on their minds if and when they decide to put pen to paper. I prefer to beleive the more obvious reasons as to why he left: Zidane left because of the high priced contract, personally I think at the time Madrid meant nothing to Zidane, it was a merely a team that was bouncing back in Europe, but ofcourse now the name Madrid means everything.

If Real wins this year then without question they will maintain their status as the #1 team to be apart of. Even if they dont win they will obviously remain a very desirable team. Totti is a specific case where he has admitted to being a Madrid supporter, but I seriously doubt the integrity of these words. Chelsea have proved that they wanted him..(I know they suck now but give it a year and they'll be tearing up everyone) and therefore I think if Totti was given a really attractive contract, he'd take it; he's proven to be a bit of a dimwit but he's not mentally challenged. Would he then lose his image? I dont think so, especially if he manages to pull of a EURO win.

Finally I just plain out disagree about Madrid being some kind of beacon for soccer’s greats just because they are a legacy reborn. Simply put they just got the cash, but now Roman's got more.

16. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, there is a doubt. The team is a club, it didn´t change ownership, only management.

Here you go again, so you will always know, courtesy of Sinko: http://www.realmadrid.com/web_realmadrid/templates/palmares/palmaresfutbol.jsp

I suggest you keep this very important page in your favorites.

Some players will only go to the highest bidder, but there are many that go to the team they prefer, either for prestige, loyalty, or other reasons. Which one is Totti? I get the impression he is the later, but only time will tell.

Personally I hope the next galactico is Spanish. My choice would actually be two: Joaquin and Reyes with Figo moving on. That would create a midfield of Reyes, Zidane, Beckham, and Joaquin and move Helguera back to central defense.

But I seriously doubt it will happen. The only way I could see it would be if Spain made it to the Euro finals riding the play of Reyes and Joaquin, but even that is highly unlikely.

17. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    In a big negociation like sign a star player there are many factors, the principals are:

- Player and both teams

But these factors could be divided in much more factors:

- player agents, player family, economic situation of both teams,prestige of the teams, managers of both teams, players of both teams, pressure of the supporters/members of both teams, ....

The result of that, it is a infinity combination of factors that can make the negociation a success or a failure. It is not as simple as "you have the money you have the player". And what Florentino has demostrated this last four years is that he is extremelly good in that kind of situations and managing all the factor of a negociation in his benefit, you/we can critice him in other aspects, But he has demostrated, that he is a master in negociations, i don't know if his "master in negociations" in Harvard has helped him, but he is really good.

Let analize his four star signings:

- Figo. If you had asked to a Barcelona supporter a year before, if Figo would leave the team, they had answered you "are you dreaming?", and if you had said that figo will leave Barcelona to go to Real Madrid you would be floating in the Mediterranean sea. You can know what means the Figo sign, seeing what have happened when he has played in Camp Nou the last 4 years. He and Guardiola were the favourite players of Barcelona supporters.

- Zidane. How he could sing the most important player of Juventus, and the best player in the world? Yes, he paid a big money. But If you remember that times, all the clubs in Europe had a lot of money for the Boom of the PPV rights. We saw many moves of players for a great money Milan pay 50M$ for Rui Costa, Lazio 45M$ for Mendieta, Inter and Vieri,and many other big operations .... And some people said that Zidane was too old (27-28 years) to pay so much money for him but the time has said that Zidane has been the best sign of Florentino.

- Ronaldo. RM pay 40-45 Million for him, really cheap for a player as Ronnie. He had many offers for England. Inter didn't want to sell him.
    He earn in Madrid less money than in the Inter and less money that what he had earned in England. And like Figo, Zidane and Beckham, he gave a great part of his image rights to RM. Yeah, many people though that he would be injured all the time. Well, the time has said that he has scored around 50 goals in a year and four month in the team. And if he had injured, he had returned to Inter paying Inter all the money. Simply, a perfect negociation. I remember that was a really hard negociation, it was closed 5 minutes before that expired the time to inscribe the player in the UEFA. That summer the the other big sign was Ferdinand. Manchester paid almost the same money that Madrid paid for Ronaldo.

- Beckham. How could Manchester sell his more known player around the world so cheap? I haven't a good answers. Manchester wanted to sell him to Barcelona that offers more money. But Beckham said that he only want to play in Real Madrid. In few months Real Madrid has almost recovered the money that paid for him. And he is playing great for the team. Florentino made a really good job, and a good business for the club. As many of you know Real Madrid isn't a company and all the money generated for the club returns to the club to sign new players, stadium, youth team,... not to make rich someone, the club belongs to the people.

These four players are problably, the most famous soccer players in the world, and they played for some of the biggest teams in the world like Manchester, Juventus, Inter ...... ok, and a small team like Barcelona ;).

There is nothing more dificult. It's not like sign a star or a promise player that it is playing in a small or medium team. And you can say, ok, he has made that one time, but not, he has made that 4 times!!!!!, and without play with the best cards.

And we have this year. And the names that sound more are Van Nistelrooy,Henry, Totty and Owen.

Florentino has said that in the next years the team will have a minimum of 50M € to waste in players each year. This means a lot of money. The
    team could sign Henry for 150 Million € and pay the money in three years without have to go to the banks for money. If you count with the money
    that the Banks will give RM you would have at least two or three times that money. That won't happen because Florentino isn't going to pay that money
    for Henry but the team could pay that money "without many problems". This summer will be the summer that the team will have more money to sign new players, and problably will be the year that the team will have more difficult to sign a star. Because to sign Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Totti or Owen will be very dificult, but not imposible .... Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo and Beckham seemed also very dificult.

First Note, I think that the player that Florentino really wants is Henry.

Second Note, Chelsea is a big opponent, but "only" to sign players that "only" are searching the money, that probablay are many players but
    not all. We have some examples in the last years. For example, Salgado and Raul than could be in Chelsea earning the double of money and they decide stay in Madrid, Beckham, Ronaldo and Zidane that could be in other team earning more money, and with all their image rights.

Third, Canzano55 your last post - i haven't read the others - is a total nonsense. You write about many things without have any idea of what your are talking about.

18. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just do us all a favor and never come back here

Hal.le.lu.yah.

19. Re: Just do us all a favor and never come back here

Originally posted by canzano55
    Did you read my ... mindnumbing blather which goes further to accentuate your point Sinko that the sky in my universe is butter-fuscia and that to introduce information from this reality regarding Real Madrid is like presenting the gift of pearls to swine? You should believe it Sinko that I actually have the audacity to question Real Madrid's last few UEFA CHAMPIONS FREAKIN LEAGUE CUPS, judging them to be not the deserving winners. Yes Sinko its true. I really am that clueless, and there is nothing you can say that will change that. I will now leave the Real Madrid forum forever because it is clear that the sky here is blue.

Good riddance may be!! this canzano guy reminds me of the many Italian football fans who have not come to terms with the fact that Real Madrid and NOT their bunch of underachieving, turbid football outfits are the pre-eminent exponents of the game of football.

I know them, the Walter Mitty types who ceaselessly find reason to vilify Real and belittle its achievements even though the evidence is right there before their open eyes.It is their problem and they will continue to wallow in their misery.

A case in point...the Canzano guy shamelessly submits that Juventus outplayed Real in the '98 CL finals.This is hilarious and the worst joke that has come my way in aeons.

Italy's own Juve won the cup in very unconvincing style when they pipped an exciting young Ajax side thru' the lottery of penalty kicks in '96.In '97 of course Dortmund kicked their butts and I enjoyed seeing them slither about...sweet victory it was!

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Re: Re: Just do us all a favor and never come back here

Listen here you paramecium. I have said absolutely nothing to suggest that I'm a Madrid hater. You completely disregard any of my honest attempts which were initially fair, and objective views about a discussion involving players and the "Madrid attraction". A discussion mind you which no one yet, has attempted to make a "sound" rebuttal. Yet you recklessly attack my nationality and make hilarious assumptions like how I support Juventus. My comments about the 98 final were completely objective; if you want to go into detail we can do that. But as it stands my beliefs are that Madrid were not the better team. I can see your somewhat of a newb, so I'll be lenient and let you go off with a warning

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Re: Just do us all a favor and never come back here

You are absolutely correct Sinko. I promise never to return to this forum. If I do, it will only confirm beyond a reasonable doubt that I am nothing more than a useless troll. Goodbye.

22. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know Sinko, Mario tried to tell us once and we should have listened. Never, never, never feed the trolls! :(

23. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only true replacement for Zidane is Ballack. He should be number one on the radar if they can't get him for a couple of years. There is Nedved, too, but IMO Ballack is the real next generation of Zidane, and he is young yet.

24. Re: Re: Re: Just do us all a favor and never come back here

You can go and throw yourself into a pool little boy...so condescending are you that you imagine yourself occupying a higher plane in the realm of football knowledge.

I have met your kind on numerous other boards and believe me I know how to handle irritants like you!

Warning?, you do not know what you are dealing with...GOOD RIDDANCE i say!

25. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry bout the time taken for this reply, but here it is... Your attack is strong... more than strong enough... but the defence is not as strong... signing a great defender would be a great move better than buying someone who would not get much playing time... ok, so you buy a great attacking player in the summer, where will he play???

Ronaldo
    Raul
    Zizou, Becks, Figo must all play... maybe not Figo but there really is not any room... I really think a striker is out of the question...

Ok... here it is, this is a changed view... if you can secure the services of someone who can play left wing, defensive mid or central mid then fine but you dont need any other possition filled. Davids is off the market and so is Nedved... I think those 2 would have been good additions because they can both attack and defend... Nedved paired with Becks in central midfield would have been scary... but you know who would be good in your team imo???

Ballack!!! yes... he could be the glue in the middle... attack and go back... Ship Figo to the bench and Play Becks on the right...