What star would you like that Real Madrid sign the next year?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanman

Spanman New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    Toronto, Ontario
    Listen man. Real does not need another striker. And they have a young talent in Portillo. They need to invest in their Defence. And now more than ever because it looks like they are going to lose Salgado. Also Roberto Carlos who is now like 32 or 33 wont be around forever. That also goes for Zizou and Figo. I think that the next Euro cup may be the last pinnacle for some of their careers. A strong center defender needs to be found to carry this team because without a strong D a team goes nowhere.

2. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya they only won 3 CL titles in the last 6 years...

3. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    rotflmao! :p

4. Luther_Gabriel

Luther_Gabriel New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    I think Aimar would be a great attacking mid to replace Zidane in the future. In a couple years he would be a perfect addition. At the present time, Madrid only needs to stregthen their central defence and defensive midfield.

5. Kell Cantona

Kell Cantona New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    I'd like them to sign Christoph Metzelder (after he recovers from his injury) or Christian Chivu or maybe Marquez, Real urgently needs a central defender, I think that should be the priority for the team.

6. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    whoa! watch your mouth!

7. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not want even one player from the Farsa team... NOT ONE!!!

Marquez is steaming crap.

Hence the reason Madrid never even expressed any interest in signing him in the first place.

OK, boys and girls, how do you spell "over-rated"?

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    sure.... :rolleyes:

Several clubs across Europe were impressed by Marquez's play in this past summer's World Cup Teams like Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, Deportivo La Coruna and Barcelona and other top teams have shown interest on having Rafael Marquez on their team, finally Club Barcelona got Marquez for the next 4 years.

Rafael Marquez in FIFA team:

"The mexican Rafael Marquez playerd for the FIFA team in the match against Real Madrid, celebrating the "merengues" 100 years of existence."

http://marquez.magikstar.net/info.html

El titular del equipo de fútbol Pachuca Jesús Martínez, confirmó el interés del Real Madrid de España por el zaguero central mexicano Rafael Márquez quien milita en el club AS Mónaco del balompié francés.

http://www.elsoccer.com/article629.html

Marquez es consciente de la aureola que produjo su fichaje que destapó el interés del Real Madrid (durante varias temporadas) y del Barcelona que finalmente se llevo al ex jugador del Mónaco francés.....

Sobre el Real Madrid que fue el equipo que más le siguió antes de llegar al Barça explicó que su pase estaba ya hecho la temporada pasada durante la Supercopa de Mónaco pero “el fichaje de Ronaldo frustro la operación”

OTROS TITULARES

"RONALDO FRUSTRO MI FICHAJE POR EL REAL MADRID"

http://www.cope.es/deportes/entrevistas2.asp?noticia=3626

9. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said she said rumor and innuendo.

None of that is a direct quote from Perez or Valdano.

Marquez was never a target of Real Madrid. It was never anything more than a media fantasy by unreliable sources.

Just because YOU accept this garbage as fact doesn't make it true.

Madrid wouldn't sign such an over-rated punk like him.

I repeat, there is not even one player on the over-rated Farsa linup that I'd want for Real Madrid. NOT ONE.

Take your indignance someplace people might actually care.

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Real should seriously consider hiring Clint Mathis. Somebody has to clean the toilets at the Bernabéu.

11. Kell Cantona

Kell Cantona New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    lmao, I won't ever understand why every time Marquez is mentioned controversy is immediately created. why? There is no doubt he is a good player, otherwise he wouldn't be a Barcelona player (Rijkaard doesn't like him much, that's a different story), I think the reason why Marquez is such a controversial theme is simply because he is mexican, I can't think of any other explanation, and you know what? If some people here dislike him 'cause of that, is SAD really sad.

12. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

The only problem with Marquez is that he wears the Barcelona t-shirt. And all the players seems worse players with that t-shirt, but it isn't his fault. :) When he wears the Mexico NT t-shirt he seems a far better player.

I think that a easy solution will be that Barcelona played with Mexico NT.

Returning to the topic. Nedved won't be a bad option. Not to replace Zidane. Zidane is better player than Nedved. But Nedved could play with Beckham behind Zidane. Anyway, i still prefer Ballack is yourger than Nedved. Ballack is great and he is improving every year.

13. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think that a easy solution will be that Barcelona played with Mexico NT t-shirt. It was the correct phrase. Sorry, I didn't complete it.

About the star of the next year. Diario As publishes this list today:

Owen - They says that he hasn't a good relation with Gerard Houllier, and that he want to be in a team that fight to win CL all the years.

Nedved - They say that he would be the only player that will be compatible with the other stars. Zidane, Raul, Ronaldo, Beckham, Figo and Nedved could play in the same starting 11.

Van Nistelrooy - They say that he finished his contract in 2006, and Manchester wants to extend his contract in order to avoid bad temptations.

Other players of the list:

Henry, Rooney, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano

I think that the most feasible option would be Owen, but we don't need him. At least than we play with three forwards the next year:

Casillas
    Salgado, Pavon, Helguera, Roberto Carlos
    Figo, Beckham, Zidane
    Raul, Ronaldo, Owen

In paper it seems a extraordinary team. But, I think that would be a too offensive, even fo RM standards.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Nedved: he is versatile, can play on left, right, middle and defensive.

Puyol: water covers 75% of the Earth's surface, the rest is covered by Puyol. He will replace R.C as the high profile defender and can make those runs up the right flank.

Aimar: can replace ZiZou in 2 years or less.

For those of you who think that Defence is Madrid's proble you are not as correct as you think. Beckham's signing was genious he is only 28 but you have Zidane, Figo and Roberto Carlos (lets face it, he plays in the midfield) who wont be at the top of their games in 2-3 years. That is a helluva lot of tallent to replace. I expect A midfielder to be the next target, Davids would do well.

----------Raul---Ronaldo

Zidane-----------------------Figo

-------Davids-----Beckham

Beckham can then move to right or replace Figo sooner or later depending on who else is bought.

Nedved is of course ideal, but I really doubt anyone can land Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham and Nedved, in consecutive years, it would be silly, videogame like.

15. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles

I really don't see what's up with owen coming on that list. He sucks, he can go for months without scoring,there are 100 better strikers then him out there if real really wanted another one.

16. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I say bring in Lucio puyol and chivu.

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So far, it has been liked a videogame.

18. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very good, enjoyable videogame. ;)

19. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When you are the richest sporting team on the face of the earth, it is not surprising when signing players becomes videogame-like. Why not sign Ronaldihno, Davids, and Puyol next year?? Maybe it´s not that far-fetched.

20. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too many superstars to maximize shirt sales. One galatico a year, thank you.

21. Ronaldo+10

Ronaldo+10 New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Los Angeles
    After the sevilla game, anyone who says what Madrid really needs is an offensive signing and not "DEFENCE" should be draged to the street and shot.

22. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    1) How old is davids?
    2) When does Puyol's contract expire? What would his price be? Is he catalan or just Barca? He sems to bleed the Barca colours... more so than Figo. Hard to imagine him joining us.

23. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    i think davids is 30

puyol's contract expires on 2008, 7 months ago manU offered 20 million euro and the offer were rejected, and yes, he's catalan.

24. Nagash

Nagash New Member

Cristian Chivu

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    you've obviously never been to the gents' in the bernabeu.