What should Korea NT do next?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by rkim291968, Nov 17, 2004.

1. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Guys, now that we squeezed by Maldives, what do you think Korean NT coaching staff should do?

Personaloly, I would get rid of aging players and replace them with K-league based younger players. Pretend you are Bornfree and let us know what you will change.

2. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I'll try:

-------Lee DG----Ahn JH------

Seol KH----- Park JS ----- Lee CS

-------------Kim NI-------------

Lee YP--Jo BG--Park JH--Song JG

-------------Kim YG--------------

... formation and see if this works in real life as well :) (<--- Championship Manager 03/04 maniac :))

3. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I would try and arrange a bunch of friendlies ahead of the next round of qualifying - though the first game is at the beginning of February so it might not be possible to attract any decent national sides.

The K-League season begins in early March next year, so it might be worth Bonfrere's while to contact a load of K-League clubs and try and persuade them to play a few pre-season matches against the national team (probably made up of local players as it would be difficult to get the Europe-based players over). That could be difficult because the clubs might want their players to train with them in pre-season rather than the national team, but I reckon it could be a useful exercise for the national team if it went ahead.

I'd give Kim Young-kwang at least 45 minutes against Germany, as well as giving Park Ju-yong a run. I'd start getting Kim Dong-jin involved in the top team set-up as well as considering Namkung Do for a call-up.

4. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I would definitely give Choi Sung Guk a serious look. For some reason, Mr. B has not really played Choi much. I think he brings in a unique look to Korean NT's offense.

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes friendlies. And this is something I'd want to see experimented.

---------Lee DG---Choi SG-----------
    -------------Park JS-----------------
    -Seol KH--------------------Lee CS--
    -------------Kim DH-----------------
    Lee YP---Cho BG---Park JH---Song JG

-------------Kim YK-----------------

Or Try 4-3-3 PSV style lol

6. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Experiment this in friendlies:

---------------Park Chu Young-----------------
    -------Lee Chun Soo-------Choi S.G/Seol K.H----

----------------Park Ji Sung--------------------
    -Lee Young Pyo---------------Choi S.G/Seol K.H-
    ---------------Kim N.I/Kim D.H------------------

-Cho Byoung Guk---Park J.H---Song Chong Guk--

---------------Kim Young Kwang----------------

3-4-3 Formation

I put Lee Young Pyo in LM because his more attacking style player and great crosser too. And Both Seol Ki Hyun and Choi Sung Guk can be in either RM or RS as Seol is great through passer and physically very fit while Choi Sung Guk has ball control and pace. Park Chu Young up front because well, he can finish very well as we saw in U-19 Cup so try to see if he can do well.

7. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    you know i usually notice during Korea's games... Seol seems to be always subbed in in second half, and whenever he comes in our play comes very live and active and works smoother.... i dont really see why Bonfrere doesnt start Seol...

Seol really puts a lot of pressure working on the left side

8. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Non Stop, that formation seems a good idea but i'd switch lee Chun-soo and Seol Ki-hyun's positions.

9. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    i say try

----seol kh------park chu yong----choi sk

----------------choi sung kuk--------------

--kim dj----------------------------park kyu seon

---------------kim du heon----------

------park jh---cho bk-------kim jin kyu

------------kim young gwan-------

i think we should try this out in the euro tour......

10. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Two Choi Sung-guks?

11. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    IM VENTING HERE:

Korea has one serious problem rite now...they can not recreate the level of play they had in WC 2002...2002 was not a fluke because teams do not reach the semifinals without some good skill...

For the present games STOP with the EXCUSES..thats right i said excuses...such as "not enough time with each other" and waiting for some "team chemistry"...what is team chemistry exactly?!?!?! the term is overused and the concept is overrated...

These Korean boys have become almost "drunk" with the glory and praise they've been receiving because of their performances in WC 02' and the overseas clubs that have shown interest in them....STOP THIS PLEASE! Don't be cocky...

Do not expect the goals to just roll in because we are Korea the WC 2002 semifinalists...Do not expect the crosses to be there for you to put your header on it....Do not expect "minnows" not to score on us....Instead play with the same intensity and desire u men did during the great run of WC 02....i guarentee a more fit, loose team (and happy fans) because when u match intensity and desire with the skill all the korean players possess (it doesnt matter who is on the field) then there is no team who can hold a candle to us, we proved this is WC2002....

We did it once...we can do it again
    SHOW SOME HEART KOREA...we all believe in you!

12. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz

I would rather they failed to qualify for 2006 if that would give the FA enough incentive to push through some real reforms .. better a bitter pill now than a long illness ..

13. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    In December, I would pick a 18-men roster made up of domestic players, and I'll tell them only 10 will join the final roster for WCQ. Then have a frienly against China and Thailand. That will create some heated competition and will be easier to pick out the right players.
    Later, come January, I would arrange three friendly games in the Middle East against the teams that get drawn into the other group. Since it's closer to Europe, it'll be easier to call euro-based players. Also, it'll familiarize us playing there before the final round of WCQ which will be played home & away.

14. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Sorry, mate. This is absolutely not acceptable. I don't want to wait 4 years for 2010 prelims to begin. Some of the young posters here don't remember the time when Korea could not qualify for WC. I've watched Korea NT come very close to qualify but fail during 1972 - 1982. It was really maddening.

15. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes.
    South Korea must qualify for every World Cup.

16. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    I think both of you missed the big "if" .. I'm sure that a big shock would wake the ********** out of the FA and get them working on some things that will be of long term benefit.

It would hurt severely, but it may be worth the pain.

17. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Yes, I missed the (small) "if." :)

The thing is, losing to Oman & Vietnam back to back, then tying Maldives ARE the big SHOCK in themselves and they had no redeeming impact on KFA or Korean NT. How big should the shock be before KFA and Korean NT get their act together? What IF that shock won't do jack to KFA? Nah. Let's not take that iffy chance and qualify for WC06. Shall we? :cool:

18. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    scout new or potential players from k league/1/2, give them tryouts and let them train with the first team. check out the guys that went to france and abroad (not the wc02 players).

4-2-3-1 (i liked coelho's formation, too bad he quit)
    seol kh
    lee cs---park js---choi sg
    kim ni---yoosc/kim dh
    lee yp---cho bg---park jh---song cg

4-4-2
    seol kh---park js/c sg
    lee cs---kim ni---yoo sc/kim dh---choi sg/p js
    lee yp---cho bg---park jh---song cg

3-5-2 (probably wouldnt use)
    seol kh---park js/c sg
    kim dh
    lee cs----choi sg/p js
    lee yp----kim ni/yoo sc
    cho bg---song cg---park jh

19. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Another Formation...

3-4-1-2 Formation

----------Seol Ki Hyun--Park Chu Young/Ahn Jung Hwan/Lee Dong Guk-----------

----------------Park Ji Sung--------------------

-----Lee Chun Soo----------Choi Sung Guk------

Lee Young Pyo-----------------Song Chong Guk-

----------------Yoo Sang Chul------------------

Cho Byoung Guk------------------Park Jae Hong-

----------------Kim Young Kwang---------------

Yoo Sang Chul can go attack while Cho Byoung Guk and Park Jae Hong cover it as well as Lee Young Pyo and Song Chong Guk also can move back.
    Lee Y.P and Song C.G are both great crosser and plays defensive position for their club.
    While Lee Chun Soo and Choi Song Guk has pace and speed.
    Park Ji Sung can create somethng as well with his ball handling ability.
    Well, the strikers are obvious...

20. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Yikes yikes yikes... remember guys... we also need to defend.

21. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Well if missing the WC doesn't get their asses into major gear, then it'll never improve and I'll forget about the NT .. it's just too f* cking frustrating to watch the way they run around like 닥대가러이 :(

22. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  23. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Let me give this a try even tho I'm not real familiar with few players.
    I like 3-3-4 formation.

--------- Lee DG --------------------------
    ------------------------- Park CY ----------
    ----------------- Park JS ------------------

-- Cha DR ------- Seol KH ------- Choi SG --

-- Lee YP ----------------------- Song CG --
    ---------- Yoo SC ----- Cho BG -------------

----------------Kim YG----------------------

This will probably never happen but I'd like to see Seol in the middle and both Cha and Choi as wingers. Park JS (with his stamina) moving up and down to control the middle and push up to attack. Lee YP and Song can throw in plenty of crosses and work defense as well. Up front, Lee DG can stay up and Park CY can drive in. Control middlefield, plenty of attack and dependabel defense.

24. David Leench

David Leench New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    san francisco
    anyone actually know anything about some North Korean players?

25. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Running around like headless chickens sometimes ... :)