What section for the DC game?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Jacen McCullough, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Hey everyone. I'm assuming that there will be a number of Metro fans coming to DC for the next away game. I've been living in MD for awhile, and I wanted to know what section the Metro fans will be in (so I don't get knifed by any Salvadorans while cheering for the Metro :)).

Thanks

JMac

2. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Theres no organized trip to DC.

3. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Suffern, NY
    I'm glad Jacen asked this question. I know there is no organized trip, but is anyone else planning on going? We should try to get tickets in the same area.

Since my daughter is going to school down there, I was thinking of taking a trip down to see her and we'd go to the game together.

JAcen, where in MD are you?

4. LOS PIRANAS

LOS PIRANAS New Member

Dec 13, 2001
    REPPEN ALL OF JERSEY
    TRIP TO D.C

I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE IS WILLING TO GO DOWN THERE TO CHEER ON THE METROS. SERG I KNOW U WILL GO WHO ELSE... WE SHOULD LEAVE FROM GIANTS STADIUM

5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    I think theres a few other who will go. Im down if you are!

6. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I'm going down there..

7. David Allan

David Allan New Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Southeastern PA
    Section 119 - right next to the Visitors players Entrance!!!

8. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Damascus. It's sort of halfway between Baltimore and DCU. It's right down the road from the MD Soccerplex where they had the All-Star skills thing this year.

JMac

9. Martin

Martin New Member

Aug 18, 1999
    Raleigh, NC
    I plan on going. I will be in Florida on Vacation that week but plan on being in DC at that time. Two tickets for me and the little lady.

10. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    so.......what section?

11. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's smart...stick yourself in 119 right next to La Norte.

12. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    sorry i've only been keeping up with MLS since 96. What is la norte???

13. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    La Norte = The Put0s

14. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LaNorte is only loud at US games, cuz they give ESCers such a quality assist.

15. LOS PIRANAS

LOS PIRANAS New Member

Dec 13, 2001
    REPPEN ALL OF JERSEY
    WHAT SECTION R U GUYS SITTIN

POST HERE IF ANYONE ONE KNOWS THE SECTION!!IS IT THE SAME AS LAST GAME VS D.C

16. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    And what is that supposed to mean?

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    As far as I know, La norte did not have a very nice welcoming in NY last year when they went there for a DC vs NY match (so they kicked their asses in their own stadium). 2 years ago, a few dudes from Screaming eagles were beat up for simply cheering DC.

La Norte is very friendly when it comes to National team, but when it comes to DC United, we will not tolerate crap or name calling to the red, white and BLACK!

Sit somewhere else to avoid problems, especially if the hard core south americans show up. La 12 made it very hard for any DC fan to ever care about a Metro fans existance.

18. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    HAHAHA!! LOL!!!

19. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    WE ARE THE HARD CORE SOUTH AMERICAN FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    We will sit where we are ticketed by D.C. management. We're not overly concerned with how hard it may be for any DC fan to ever care about a Metro fans existance. Don't be so concerned with making thinly veiled threats of violence; keep your hands to yourself, watch the match and everyone will have a grand old time.

21. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    last time at RFK, we did make some real noise....and we were all the way in the back on the bottom bowl!!!

22. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Obviously I didn't make my sarcasm clear enough. It means that if D.C. management is stupid enough to stick you next to La Norte, and you guys are stupid enough to accept the tix, then all of you Metro fans need to have your heads re-examined. There's gonna be problems if you're right next to them, don't try to make it sound all lovey dovey cause it's not, and you know there will be problems too.

23. Ron Ferguson

Ron Ferguson New Member

Dec 12, 1998
    No, you did not make anything clear other than your juvenile fixation on violence. Don't worry so much about where Metro fans are sat. They will be sat where D.C. management chooses. They will watch the match and they will make noise. That's football. If you are so concerned with the impending doom that looms over this match, why don't you call D.C. management and let them know where you feel it best to ticket us? Because you dig this whole it's gunna go off schtick, right?

Like I said before, watch the match and keep your hands to yourself and everyone will have a perfectly fine evening.

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    This dude must be a new Metro fan.

Metro fans were responsible for the heated rivalry between us. You guys began by beating up a few innocent DC fans 2-3 years ago and made an effort to attack la norte last year (where La Norte came out victorious in your own stadium).

DC fans are for the most part friendly towards other fanclubs, but Metro fans will never fit that category.

WHile u can count on me not instigating anything and probally kill a hyped plot to do something stupid by drunken fans, I can not talk for every die hard fan who wants the metro franchise to just die.

Why this even a shock to you and why the stupid questions? Surely u must of known about the DC vs NY rivalry.... Oh well, make the right decision.

25. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Yeah, he's new, that's why he's been around 2 years longer than you, right? As to the origins of the rivalry, I'm pretty sure it started between the players during the 1996 playoffs, and got bad between the fans when some idiot DC fan shot a firecracker at the Metros bench a year or two later.

JMac