What Needs To Be Fixed With The Galaxy?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MarcusL, Nov 10, 2004.

1. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    It always seems like the defense is to blame because almost all goals are caused by some kind of defensive mistake. I think our defense is ok, we rarely allow more then a goal per game. But if we allow that one goal before we score ours, its all over cuz our midfield and in a lesser case our offence sucks.

2. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA

3. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. GalaxyTwo@19

GalaxyTwo@19 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Of course Cien's retirement had a big impact on the Galaxy season. The best mid-fielder the team ever had. However, what will help the Galaxy for next year IMHO, can be summed up in these words,..."A better mental outlook when it comes to playing on the road." The Galaxy has 3 road wins in two years, two years!
    We all know that the Galaxy are almost unbeatable at home, had the Galaxy won 2 more games on the road we would've had home field advantage through out the playoffs. The Galaxy would not have had to got to KC and lose, more likely with the crowd here at home they would've won. Would they have beaten DC? Highly unlikely to be truthful here, but one never knows.

The other item is to have a more united team. This years team esp. near the end of the season didn't seem to have that united look to them. I saw a few bad words between some Galaxy players on the field during the game. I've personally have never seen this many, so often.

I'm still not convince that Steve Sampson is the answer to this team. I'm glad that Sigi is gone (Not happy the way he was booted out however) but sometimes it a matter of better the devil you know than the devil you seen before and don't like.

I truly hope the Galaxy get a European coach someday, fast, strike from the outside, allow your player to use some creativity and win on the road and at home.

GalaxyTwo@19

5. Fulhamfan

Fulhamfan New Member

Oct 17, 1999
    Valley
    Ok, I admit that it took me while to understand it all, (look, it's a girl thing) but on American Soccer News on the left side of the front page they have computer breakdowns on various aspects of the game and this week it's why the Galaxy couldn't score in a brothel. (That's what my husband calls it)

At first it seemed like a bunch of lines and numbers, but I kept trying to figure it out and all of a sudden it clicked. Look at how the passing numbers between players completely break down when it gets into the last third of the pitch. Ruiz doesn't stand a snowballs chance of scoring with the service he's getting from everyone except Kirovski!

(A very proud of herself) Linda

Everton 1 Fulham 0 - Oh well, you can't win then all

6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked at that analysis on Cybersoccernews (or whatever they call themselves now) and the main thing I noticed was the player positional chart - which showed the area of the field each player was covering during the game (the West Conf. championship in KC). Take a look at that chart and I think you'll agree that we were playing the much heralded 3-6-1 formation...