What kind of Soccer program they got at Miami University?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Frank Cunha, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    just wonder if they have a team, club team or any Soccer program at Miami Univesity.

2. KinleyDog

KinleyDog New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    If you mean the Univeristy of Miami in Coral Gables FL, then they don't have one (they do have woman's squad). But I would imagine if they did the ACC would be a super conference in which to play. I guess that they would bring a style not like many of the other current ACC teams. Will Title ix make them drop men's gymnastics and fencing (TIC)?

3. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Re: Re: What kind of Soccer program they got at Miami University?

If you mean Miami University in Ohio, they dropped the men's sport several years ago. Soccer is only a club sport now.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I mean Miami in Florida,

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    if anybody can afford a soccer program they can

6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    One would think.

Maybe they can just buy Florida International and use their team!

I don't mean buy FIU's soccer team, buy the whole damn university, merge it with University of Miami and then keep their sports. Some, like basketball and football will be duplicative but it would give Miami a great soccer tradition and coach and merged with Miami's money, the South Florida location and entrance to the ACC, would make them very much a power to be reckoned with.

This that ain't likely to happen, we have to U of M chooses to add soccer. The only way I see that happen is if they need to add some non revenue sports to be in compliance with the ACC.

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Hurricanes would never buy FIU.

They'd get a booster to buy it for them. Probably throw in a weekend in Vegas and a car.