What kind of city is Munich?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Catfish, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gimme everything you know about the city, it's people and the region.

Thanks alot.

2. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    ugly city
    unfriendly people
    awfull dialect
    bad bear

(please don´t take it too serious)

3. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    lovely city, the epitome of Europe itself
    the airport is amazing
    nightlife is not too bad, I prefer Berlin and Hamburg

If you speak German have fun trying to decipher the thick Bavarian accents, almost as fun as trying to understand the swiss.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sweet.

I saw a video on Germany. Never realized how different the country looks from the North and South. They never really showed the West near the Rhine...where I have read/seen/been told is where a ton of the German population live.

5. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Re: Sweet.

That region is the heart of germany, including my wonderful hometown.

6. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    The City is the capital of the southern German state of Bavaria. In many ways the Bavarians are more similiar to Austrians and ethnic Germans in Alto Adige (N.Italy) than northern Germans. About 25% of Munich's population of c.1.1 million are foreigners, although a lot of these are not really foreigners at all but children of Immigrant families.

Munich is a very clean, safe and pretty city. They have an OK football team too! Nice place for a short break. I've spent a lot of time there though and after a while it gets a bit tedious. It can be quite a stuffy place as well. A Bavarian town I prefer is Regensburg, although much smaller I've always found it to be more interesting than Munich.

Other cool German cities: Duesseldorf and Berlin. I haven't been to Hamburg yet, but have heard good things about it!

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Germany vs. the US

You make us, the USA, look like the redneck of the Free World...lol.

I was very impressed with your transportation, environmental standards, and recycling system. I also never knew how beautiful and amazing Germany could be....I really want to visit now.

8. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Maybe you should revive the German off-topic thread, if you want to discus non-football German issues?