What is your starting 11's net worth?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by saosebastiao, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Congratulations on using the only source that any idiot like yourself can easily tamper with. :rolleyes:

2. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Funny teso, I was reading through some of your posts today being the voyeur I am. I can't but laugh, that every argument you ever put forth was quickly disregarded.

And to be honest unless you were physically there when the contract was typed up, you have aslittle clue as I do of what the final agreed fee was. All we can do is look at sources.

3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    All the answers in this thread are wrong, because they all consider "transfer funds paid for" rather than "worth". For instance, no one in their right mind would pay 32M for Ferdinand now (nor 24 for Drogba, before you start), so he's not "worth" that. If Keane were still at ManUtd, what bearing would his 4.5M move a decade ago have on his "worth"?

4. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Yeah yeah...so it really is only valid on the terms of recent transfers, and it doesnt take into account the academy-youngsters that have never been transfered. So what?

5. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Not concerned...but rather disappointed. They have an all star budget, and all star cast, and an all star manager, and still cant win.

Abramovich has ruined a respectable team, IMHO. I believe a team should work hard to become champions...they just bought their way in.

6. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didnt we win the EPl last season, and I might be mistakened but we're still in for the EPL title again, FA Cup, and Champions League(which requires as much luck as talent to win, look at the last 2 winners).

7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    By the definion above the value of an entirely home grown squad would be 0. Which is dumb. Transfer fees paid more than a year ago do not accurately reflect the value of a player today.

8. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Wow - what do you think of Barca then? They've managed fewer wins in their history than Notts Forest.

You must have missed the 38 games we played then. When's Real getting their trophy for spending all that money this year?

9. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Its a nice cop-out excuse for losing. We might as well say that the World Cup is all luck...fact is you cant get to the finals unless you are worthy of them.

10. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    I realize this...so what?!?!?! Who cares...its just a dumb question anyway, and sometimes it is cool to know extremely useless things. Dont get all bent out of shape!

11. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Real Madrid is in the same boat as Chelsea...a team who cant make up for mediocrity despite their near limitless funds. Pathetic.

Barça is a good team, but they are very much like(SUPRISE) every other team...they have their good moments and bad ones. I respect Barça a whole lot more than Chelsea though, because it shows that the money isn't what makes the team...they have spent significantly less than Real, yet somehow the team makes up for it in the end. They have a great chemistry and somehow manage to take good players and turn them into excellent players. It seems Real likes to pay out of their azz for excellent players and then turn them into good players.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ah, so then you agree that your comments here are useless? Fantastic.

13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Everybodys comments on BigSoccer are useless. Even if somebody here is actually Jose Mourinho or Thierry Henry in disguise, they would still laugh anything off like a joke. If you think you actually have any effect on anything that goes on in the soccer world, you are fvcking dilusional. BS is just a place to talk about it...

Bloody hell, I came asking a question, just out of fvcking curiosity...you come in, telling me something I already know 2 times in a row, and then try to make fun of me by saying that my comments are worthless because I admit in the end it doesnt mean anything? How retarded can you get?!

Well...at least you can say to your next pimply-azz girlfriends face that you are an internet board moderater. Maybe she'll think that youre cool enough and give up her virginity that she has been trying to lose for the past 15 years.

14. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    BTW...chelsea still sucks. 170 million pounds cant even buy their way into the champions league...

15. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I accept what you have stated nice, but the thread is here so we might as well stick to the initial parameters. What that doesn't require though, is yet another pointless bashing of Chelsea. So can we get back on topic and post up some more teams?

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    OK, thanks. Why are you posting here then?

17. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Post like these are the #1 indicator that the poster is extremely immature.

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Posts like that are the #2. ;)

19. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Thank you

20. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    Crossley

Rosenior-Goma (4 million)-Bocanegra-Volz

Boa Morte (1.7 million)-Diop (1.5million) -Jensen (1.3 million)-Malbranque (5 million)

Mcbride (600k) -John (600K)

total 14.7 million pounds