What is your favorite soccer channel?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by sarabella, Sep 18, 2006.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Which channel that shows soccer regularly is your favorite?

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    the poll indicates ethnicity of the members of BS

good idea sarabella

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    where is

TYC sports?

4. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha, not completely. I had a tough choice between the quality of Univision vs. the breadth of coverage of FSC. There are also plenty of non-Spanish speaker who hate the ESPN commentators so much they would rather watch the same game on Univision.

5. Mark@the_Library

Jul 18, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    I definitely like FSC due to their ambitious commitment to futbol from a variety of cultures. It is the only access I have for EPL and I like their coverage of Argentina, MLS, USL and special features like the Youth Tournament where our hometown Javanon boys took 1st place in the U-19s.

They help remind me of many of the layers of soccer in this country. I wish there was a model for a Concacaf game of the week or something like that to keep the region in perspective.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I like FSC, but I liked it more when they had games from more leagues.
    What happened to games from Germany and France? They also showed Dutch games for a while. They also used to have highlight shows from Asia, Australia, etc.

They're starting to become the EPL channel.

I also am not a big fan of the Fox Fone-In on Tuesday nights. Nick and Steve may not football, but it's not interesting if the fan's questions are stupid.

(I'm not stating anything new here; it's all been said before).

7. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Sky Sports is mint

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France

I never understood that. Unless they get better camera work on univision, why not just mute it on espn if you hate it so much? I guess you can still appreciate they yelling and carrying on, that you would miss though.

9. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have the channel right now but I voted for GolTV. I think AmericanSoccer is the best soccer show that focuses on soccer in the US. Also I love listening to Ray Hudson during the matches they show.

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Clearly GolTV, they have die BL, La Liga and Serie A...more variety (South American leagues)...just basically stuff I like :)

11. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They show EPL, Serie A and the Argentine league. They have added the Mexican league and MLS. They have college soccer and the Asian highlight show still comes on.

I picked FSC but also like GolTV. I just wish GolTV had a higher production value. Their picture is not nearly the quality of FSC. GolTV also gets points for not having Max Bretos. Wow, that guy is annoying. Ray Hudson is a pretty fun guy to hear do commentary on a match.

12. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    TyC definetly

13. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    GOL TV

Thought I wish I had Setanta Sports they show the best matches out there

14. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    fox sports, but here in phoenix we cant get gol tv :( . but fox sports i mainly like because they show alot of internation club competitions and friendlys. like copa libertadores, sudamericana , toyota world club comp, u-17-20 etc. I switch over to the mexican channels for mexican leauge which is no prob because i can watch all games being played that day in the leauge. record them to my tivo and it aint no prob.

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Setanta. EPL, Dutch League, French League, English division 1, Champions League and a good variety of rugby and also Aussie Rules.

16. mac_jojo

mac_jojo New Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Bowling Green, KY
    Since the only ones I'm able to view is FSC, ESPN, GolTV, & Univision. I would have to say FSC for the premiership action but GolTV would be a close second. ESPN is the worse but their getting better.

17. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Proseibensat1

18. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea theyre getting better, i saw a replay of a champions league game on espn classic. Its great theyre using that channel for more than crappy game/talk shows. Is this new?, because I dont remember the channel showing games in previous seasons.

19. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A month ago, I would have said FSC. But I recently subscribed to Setanta and now it is tops. Setanta now shows more EPL games than FSC (and often seems to get first choice). Also, they show the Champions League games. So for the most part, I am TiVo'ing weekend games on both FSC & Setanta and on Champions League dates, I can TiVo games on EPSN and Setanta.

I can usually see between 8 and 10 EPL games per weekend and 4 to 6 Champions League games on each Matchday.

20. inferno man

inferno man Member

Nov 26, 1999
    Texas
    One comment, 2 of the regular announcers on FSC are like clones of Max. These 3 are silly, geeky, nitwits who are very annoying.

21. JSchweig7

JSchweig7 New Member

Aug 21, 2006
    FSC, but I liked them better when they showed French and German games/highlights. They are showing more college games now. I'll soon be getting Direct TV just so I can get Sentata.

22. c_leo

c_leo New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Minninapolis
    I second Sky Sports. If you ever have a chance to catch a torrent of a match, watch.

FSC, though, is my only real option.

23. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    London
    Can we make this a little less yankocentric d'you think?

Sky, BBC, ITV and Channel 5 should be up there as well (+ other options).

Considering we brits represent a quarter of your membership.

24. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well there is the option "other". With all those channels and more it still only has drawn 5%.:cool:

25. Big Roy

Big Roy Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I'm shea whitie and voted FSC.

I think GolTV has better games on average, but Argentine league on FSC is my favorite.