What is your favorite Galaxy jersey

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by MissingMathis, Oct 23, 2004.

1. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA
    Since the Galaxy is about to go to a new uniform design next year, just thought I'd ask all of you what design from the close to 10 years the G have been playing is your favorite. I think the jerseys from year 1 and 2 absolutely sucked, I still see a couple around the stadium sometimes. My favorite were from the 98-99 season, seemed like something LA could call it's own. The jerseys from 00-01-02 were alright, and the 03-04 ones were definetly not worth the 65 dollars they charge for them. BTW, if anyone has a 98-99 in XXL thats not to shoddy, let me know.

2. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

I liked the white one that just had "Los Angeles" in plain block letters, rather than the galaxy logo. However, that whole teal color needs to go for the next jersey.

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one some of us have called BAW (beautiful away white). All white with teal on the side and "Los Angeles" plastered in front. Plain and simple and beautiful. The minute those were for sale, I went & bought one.

4. ZiggyGalaxy

ZiggyGalaxy New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    My brother's 1996 White "Harut Karapetyan" jersey. That's right...the man with the fastest hat-trick, after entering the game as a late sub, ever in MLS (Ale is second after his great performance against DC United)...all of his goals coming in or within a minute of injury time...

5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know LAG would normally get a new uni on the two year cycle. But maybe not this time. Nike has LAG for only one more year before the Addidas deal kicks in. Nike is not going to be particularly motivated to spend time/money on a new LAG uni which is going to be changed to Addidas in 2006 anyway.

6. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite will be the 2006 adidas kit.

All of the Nike unis have sucked in various degrees.

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The one we wore while winning the Cup has to be my favorate however....
    I'm with you there brother. Nike jerseys have been awful since day 1.

8. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still wear this one to the stadium, and yes, the new adidas kit should be nicer than any piece if $hit Nike has given us so far. One more thing. Why can't we wear white all the time. I know I've asked this before, but it would make sense to have teams develope a 1st kit, and an alternate when there is a conflict. The Crew are Gold and Black, plain and simple. DC United is all black, KC is sky blue, Chicago is Red, the Revs are navy, the crapids are Blue and black stripes while the Meterostars are red and black stripes. Dallas is going to a new color scheme, SLC will have a Espana look, and the smurfs, well..... there's a reason they're the smurfs. The goats have their own look, and I don't see why we couldn't wear all white, home and away, ala Real Madrid/Leeds Utd/Ajax, etc.. Just a thought.

9. 562nation

562nation Member

May 10, 2004
    (562)areacode LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the new one because of the slash accross the front.I like the away jerseys. But the home jerseys are ugly.

10. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    I'm with you on this one. I actually like the sash in front. Unlike anything in the league. Although it's similar to the lamest team in the world(River Plate)
    I still like the new jersey better than all others. Regardless of what anyone thinks, I feel if we change to a plain solid kit again, we're going to look just like all other teams in the league.....except for the craps and the metrosexuals.