What is the worst stadium in the Bundesliga?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Please consider atmosphere, noise, attendance, fan friendly elements, and the architechture. Thanks.

2. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Nuremburg's Frankenstadion isn't that nice IMHO. Surely No.1 would have been Wolfsburg old stadium....real crap.

Some pics I took 2 years ago while standing in the guest section:

http://mediaschwatzgelbde.sportsandbytes.de/fotos02-03/wolfsburg-bvb/index.html

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  4. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    The old Wolfsburg stadium, it was only ......

When I worked in Wolfsburg I saw it everyday and can`t believe that this is a Bundesliga stadium.

Actually I thing Bielefeld is the most unfortable, Mainz I dont`t visit after they renew.

But don't forget the cemetry atmosphere in Munich.

But the worstest stadiums I ever visit were the old Leverkusen and Uerdingen stadiums. In Uerdingen we were in the guest "blocks", it began to rain and after an half hour we stand till the knuckles in the mud.
    In Leverkusens old stadium the highway (it was open to it) makes more noise than the Lev. fans.

I forgot the great Kickers Stuttgart stadium. Wow, I think we come to the Kreisklasse. Ten meters high nets to catch the ball, but 2 meter terrasses to stand.

Uerdingen and K. Stuttgart play not actually the BuLi. But with their old stadiums they did in the 80th and 90th.

5. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    I reckon PileD built all the German stadiums on his own in one day, just using his bare hand..oh, and a pickaxe.

6. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    ????????

What would you like to say me???

7. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    All stadiums in Germany and Europe are beautiful.
    Visit http://www.worldstadiums.com and all stadiums in Germany are beautiful.
    Among those I think the stadiums of Bochum and Nurenberg are the worst.
    And the one from Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen are the most beautiful.
    The worst stadiums in the world would be the ones in Vietnam and in Indonesia

8. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    I wrote about the old Leverkusen stadium, did you remember how it looks?

9. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    You are right, Bochum, Leverkusen are nice - but small - Dortmund is a fine stadium too, the biggest in the moment in Germany.

But some very old, I like more:
    Leipzig, Stuttgart, Berlin and Nuremberg all over 100.000 (in the old style).

Only one of the old was visited -with the old capacity- by me, the "Zentral Stadion" in Leipzig - Leipzig vs. Dresden was the game -, with lower capacity I saw games in Munich (at this time 76.000), Schalke (74.000), Stuttgart (76.000), Nuremberg (76.000) and Berlin (77.000) when they were reduced under 100.000 (exclude Schalke and Munich the Parkstadium and the Olympia Stadium had never a capacity over 100.000).

10. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    As to the stadiums i have visited i definitely thought that freiburg was by far the worst. not only is it ugly, and has "province" written all over it, i also had to stand on fieldlevel down at the fence, having like 5 rows of people in front of me though. in other words i didnt see sh1t...

i think that nuremberg isnt exactly a great stadium either. i have never been there, but in my oppinion this stadium is a shame for the world cup...

all the other ones are really nice actually. even in BuLi2 most stadizums are kidna nice, when you take away haching, trier, ahlen, oberhausen and co.

11. Bayern4Life

Bayern4Life Member+

Aug 22, 2004
    I dont know what you guys are talking about but the Frankenstadion in Nurnberg is really nice. I went to it like 3 times when I lived in Nurnberg, and I thought it was pretty nice.

12. Denzon

Denzon New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Hannover
    the awayfans area in bochum is the best one of the best in whole germany . so the ruhrstadoin is great .

the awayfans area in dortmund bites . but the worst guestbloc in germany is in freiburg .

that's why i would say , that the worst bundesliga stadium is in freiburg or bremen .

13. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nurnberg and Freiburg have the worst stadiums.

My top 5 would be :
    1. Dortmund
    2. Hamburg
    3. Schalke
    4. Berlin
    5. Stuttgart

14. Crewmudgeon

Crewmudgeon Member+

Sep 3, 1999
    Crewdom
    I agree. The cantilevered roof is cool. But it's hard to find a bad stadium in the Bundesliga since most have been rebuilt or renovated in the last 10 years.

Olympia Stadion in Munich is my least favorite. The stands are too far from the field, the roof covers only a part of the seats. It looks great, and it is great for track and field events in the summer. But it's not so great for soccer. I guess that's why they're building a new stadium in Munich.

15. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    My favourites are:

1. Schalke
    1. Dortmund
    1. Berlin
    4. Nürnberg
    4. Stuttgart
    4. Bochum
    7. Duisburg