What is the worst movie ever?

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by jjayg, Jul 26, 2002.

1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here's another gem; Ultraviolet

2. Soju_Gorae

Soju_Gorae New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    L.A. / Seoul, Korea
    You know, I did enjoy it for what it was, but not the classic a lot of folks made it out to be. It was a cute flick.

3. Soju_Gorae

Soju_Gorae New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    L.A. / Seoul, Korea
    I just saw it as 3 hours of people moping around feeling sorry for themselves. Maybe I didn't get it, but it just seemed that way to me.

4. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Yeah, but the frogs. It was all worth it for the frogs.

5. Soju_Gorae

Soju_Gorae New Member

Dec 6, 2006
    L.A. / Seoul, Korea
    That was indeed, a cool sequence.

6. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I agree with you on that. I don't remember it at all, but I remember it as a pleasant couple of hours.

7. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Robot Jocks, I remember when i was young and wanting to see this movie so badly and then when I saw it, I was disopointed.

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe that tells us more than someone else's idea of what's a bad movie. A movie that builds you to let you don when you see it. That's part of the problem with hollywood blockbusters. There is NO WAY they can be as good as they're built up to be.

That's also why I think comedies hold a special place in most people's list of worst films. The simple truth is I just don't find Jim Carrey funny. I'm sure he's very talented and all that but I just don't find him funny in the same way I never found Charlie Chaplin funny. Now, Laurel and Hardy... THEY'RE funny!

9. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    True, but still...among the worst movies ever? Nah......

10. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I haven't read through this thread, so if I mention some that were already picked forgive me.

Dude Where is My Car
    Next Friday and Friday after Next and whatever future friday movies there are.
    Big Fish (I hated it with passion. WTF Tim Burton WTF.)
    99 percent of romantic comedies. Thank god I'm single again.

And the award for worst accent in movie history goes to

Benecio Del Toro in Traffic. Plays a cop from TJ and he sounds like a Nuyorican trying to talk like a native Puerto Rican. And he wins an oscar for that. :confused:

11. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I thought Big Fish was actually a bit of a gem. Never quite figured it out but I bought it and its emotional ending. If you didn't fall for it, i see how it could have sucked.

Benecio was great in The Usual Suspects mostly for his accent. Everytime I see him, I give him leeway for his accent, whatever it is, just because I want him to mumble something incomprehensible followed by "whatthe********......"