What is KNG-100 offerred by Nike?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by gullit, Nov 19, 2004.

1. gullit

gullit New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Hey guys,

Quick question, I see on several Nike products such as the Total 90's they offer them in KNG-100 or KNG-75. My question what exactly is KNG? Does that stand for kangaroo or is that a synthetic? They do not feel like kangaroo at all. I have never seen an explanation on this so please help me.

Thanks.

2. Pangu

Pangu Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    its a synthetic...

3. Ben16

Ben16 New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Georgia
    they arent supposed to feel like kangeroo they are better they stretch and stuff though

4. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    i would say they don't stretch at all
    its just a "lightweight" synthetic material offered by nike
    waterproof to an extent
    mimics characteristics by k-leather, but cant be matched

5. Soccerbest7

Soccerbest7 New Member

Aug 16, 2004
    It's the synthetic. 100 is better than 75, but usually for double or triple the price

6. kkmkk

kkmkk New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    kng is nike skin. its synthetic. i am quite certain they do not stretch. i dont own any nike boots, but i heard a lot of negative about them from my team mates.

7. xdanx

xdanx Member

Aug 12, 2004
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nike Skin is a completely different material used in the Vapors. KNG-100 is a synthetic leather which still maintains many of the characteristics of leather, and not all of the flaws. For instance my experience with leather is that you tend to have to buy it in a snug fit because over time the leather wears down and streches. KNG-100 doesn't seem to stretch making it seem a lot quicker to break them in without having to wear them forever to get them to fit right.

At least that is my opinion based on the various boots I have owned. If it seems biased...it is right now I have the AZT90II and they are the most comfortable boot I have ever worn.