What is George Bush reading?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Karl K, Nov 23, 2004.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the President was talking about not reading newspapers. He just doesn't find them intellectually stimulating. But he added that right now he is into early Russian literature, focusing in particular on Pushkin and Gogol.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    You know this for a fact, I mean Condi wasn't reading to him when you were present was she.............Damn!
    You got me again. This is another of your funny sarcastic posts.................isn't it?

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course not. I am being serious this time. I know for a fact that both the president and Ms. Rice enjoy getting together at the Oval office to discuss foreign literary classics, in their original language.

Of course, there is a long tradition of such scholarly endeavors at the Oval office. President Clinton used to read Joyce's 'Ulysses' to his young interns, while president Kennedy and actress Marilyn Monroe spent hours studying works like 'Critique of Pure Reason' by Immanuel Kant.

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    And of course Tony Blair reads "Lady Chatterly's Lover" by one of those Lawrence people.

Anyway: Immanuel Kant was a real pissant, got drunk whenever he was able.

Edit: Couldn't stop chuckling at the thought of Bush reading in anything other than that Texan hick of his.