What is essential for a RM or RCM

Discussion in 'Player' started by Adidas343, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    I'm going to start playing Right Mid or Right Center Mid, I played right back but i want to play in the midfield. I played defense becuase i didn't know how to play in mid but i want to now.

can anyone help me?

Oh and is dribbling past the player better really that important for a RM/RCM ?

2. becks1113

becks1113 New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    United States
    If you are playing RCM then it's not that fact that you need to be able to dribble around people as more of you need to be able to create your own space with the ball so that you can distribute the ball. As is the job of the RCM.

If you playing RM, then it's much more important that you be able to beat a guy with the ball and be able to deliver great service from the wings with consistency, and better be able to get up and down the field all day.

just some thoughts

3. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    thats true. if you're a right winger, you have to be prepared to give it all for the team. you have to run up in attacks, as well as be the extra man behind the ball under pressure.

4. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Crossing is the first thing that comes to my mind. Being skillfull and quick helps if you're playing as a true winger. It will probably draw two or three of their players over to you which means if you pick a pass right the rest of your team will have a lot of space to attack into.

Tracking back and supporting your full back is important too - as important as him being able to push up and support you. You two need to work together.

Also knowing what to do when the ball is on the other side of the pitch. Does your manager want you to slot into the centre to provide support, drop back to support the defence, push right up and act as another target man, etc.

5. dontknow

dontknow New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    speed would be best if your coach wants you to pass your opponent and give the final pass, in which case passing abilities would be usefull as well.