What happens when Beckham returns?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tarka, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Owen has said himself that its due to Beckhams injury that he has had a starting spot, since the line ups changed and Rauls been moved into midfield.
    maybe they can play
    Owen-Ronaldo
    Raul-Zidane-Beckham-Figo
    for the midfield, and if they get Gerrard maybe move Beckham to the right and Gerrard into the middle?

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll have less time to sign autographs.

3. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    Yeah thats all they are going to do replace Guti with Beckham

The interesting selection would be when Samuel & Woodgate play together what will happen with Helguera. That is to be thought of in some time though but if the midfield of Figo-Beckham-Zidane-Raul does well then Madrid wont change it. Also if Owen has another slump, Raul would then go up front with Helguera going into midfield as i said thats is a long way off though

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Figo is a lock on the right side. He has one quiet game. He has been the most consistant player for all the Galacticos throughout 2004. Gerrard cannot move him. He will only send Beckham or Raul(very unlikely)to the bench. Solari should start on the left. Raul should join the rotation in the forward line. We do not want to overuse all the forwards and underuse Morientes.

5. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    he will have a new haircut and all the nenas will be happy.the midfield will be a mess once again and opposing teams will be scared and won't foul near the penalty box.

6. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Well they should probably wait to get Gerrard anyway. Just wait until next year, theyre not renewing Figos contract after this year right (I like Figo but I remember hearing somehting about it)?

7. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's it. It's a good set of options for the team now.

8. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Everyone will be played out of their positions to accommodate the almighty Beckham. He's made us enough money, can we sell him now please Perez!

9. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    Bloody hell, are you still trying to flog that horse?

All but the lamest of anti-Beckham clowns have pretty much admitted that he isn't just in the team to sell shirts.

Let me guess, I bet you thought Owen was a bad signing as well, right?

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, what should happen is that they drop Raul. He's not a midfield player particularly and is only really 'doing a job' there. They need someone who's a better tackler and distributor of the ball.

It'll never happen though.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Beckham already won two games this season with his freekicks, add to that his workrate and range of passing - he will be back in the team and deservedly so.

The problem player is Raul, he is being accomodated at all costs, although I think he has done ok at left midfield he should really be moved out unless he gets into better form than Owen up front or one of Zidane/Figo is out from the midfield.

12. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I think Raúl is playing so much better in this system. Where he has the freedom to move anywhere on the pitch.

13. Topside

Topside New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Wrong! I have never had a problem with Owen playing for RM. We can all see what he is capable of.

As for Beckham, vastly overrated me thinks. He's not good enough to play for RM. Anonymous most games, constantly running up and down the pitch without getting the ball with only one dimension to his game. I could go on and on and on................

14. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pray tell us how he is "vastly overrated"? Nobody with any sense, not even Beckham himself claims that he is a world conquering superstar on the pitch. But there is a recognition that although he has flaws particularly in terms of his lack of pace and dribbling, he also has some strong qualities and a hardworking attitude on the pitch.

So what exactly is this "one"-dimension? He has a very strong range of long passing on his right foot, whether from out wide or through the midddle, add to that his setpiece ability and long range shooting and he has a significant claim for having the best right foot in world football. As for not getting the ball back, I think you'll find his tackling sucess is a lot better than most in the Madrid midfield and his running and pressing puts pressure on the opposition team when they have the ball. Not a dominant player, but well worth a place in the team as we will inevitably see.

15. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham is a world class right midfielder (RM). The problem for Real Madrid is that we have two world class RMs: Beckham & Figo.

Interestingly enough, for those of you who watch Skysports, in the latest Revista de la Liga, GR says that he wants Beckham to start playing on the right side, behind Figo, on offence. On defence, he wants Beckham more in the middle like Guti is playing now. I wonder if this is really going to work in actual practice.

16. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne
    He's overhyped and overexposed,which doesn't necessarily equate to the same thing as being overrated.

I've said this before, but 99% of the comments made about Beckham (on these boards, or anywhere else, really) are critical of him. So how on earth can he be overrated? Hardly anyone actually believes him to be better than he is.

17. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I saw that Lockjaw. He wants to get Beckham crossing the ball because he's the best crosser at the club.

Beckham is no way overated, Madrid where in a win/win situation when they signed him not only is he a marketing dream he also is a world class player who adds something to the team

18. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    interesting, and i've seen some games (Roma comes to mind) where he was really doing this quite a bit, and was more effective imo. i'm 90% sure that when beckham comes back zizou will stay in the middle, with Owen and Ronaldo up top and Raul nominally on the left, so Beckham will be slotted into the middle of the midfield. but the players are fluid in their positions - how many times in a game do we see Figo over on the left, e.g.? Encouraging beckham to get over on the right wing when attacking is a good thing, but obviously he's going to have to work hard to help cover the middle.

19. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    I'd love to see Beckham begin to play on the right, its where he plays with England and he drifts into the center a lot during England games so sticking to one position could help.

20. #1ChinaBeckham

#1ChinaBeckham Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    CHINA
    Tarka says: Owen has said himself that its due to Beckhams injury that he has had a starting spot, since the line ups changed and Rauls been moved into midfield.
    maybe they can play
    Owen-Ronaldo
    Raul-Zidane-Beckham-Figo
    for the midfield, and if they get Gerrard maybe move Beckham to the right and Gerrard into the middle?

I say: How can Owen say such things! :mad: I DO NOT BELIEVE!! MICHAEL OWNE IS DAVID BECKHAM FRIEND IN THE ENGLAND TEAM!!! WHEN BECKHAM COME BACK REAL MADRID WILL STRONGER!!!
    TARKA MY HERO!! I KEEP SAYING PEREZ MUST BUY GERRARD!!! REAL MADRID MUST BE STRONG LIKE THE ENGLAND TEAM!! :cool:

GO GERRARD GO!!

Xiao :p

21. elmadridesta

elmadridesta New Member

Nov 3, 2004
    qatar
    **Please make your line-ups conform to small page size or they will be removed like this one was**

22. Sleepy Dragon

Sleepy Dragon Red Card

Nov 5, 2004
    Beijing But Shanghai
    becks did bad to man u and go real. maybe becks do bad to real do you know? we dont have a liken in becks no more. :mad: you can have he. Cronaldo is better than he man u will win champion leag.

23. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    No way C. Ronaldo has filled the #7 like Beckham did in the old days. Beckham could play right or middle, his defense is probably his weakest area. His temper probably wont help that much, but it could work.

24. Sleepy Dragon

Sleepy Dragon Red Card

Nov 5, 2004
    Beijing But Shanghai
    Cronaldo is very better than becks. He is faster than becks and stronger. also he actualy can put the ball between legs of defendies. he has dreebelity skill but becks only shoot! i like Cronaldo better than becks becks only looks is why popular but now he did bad to man u and go real so man u fans dont like he and Cronaldo is new #7 good play like lagend french sir.Cantona. sir alex did good bring Cronaldo very smart by he thats why he made wanger cry :D Hollandsih Vanroy is also ace striker with he man u will win champion leage and ferdinad is best defendie in england. man u will be victorius :D go man u give fans hope again, love from china
    IAN

25. Revelian

Revelian Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Midgar
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ronaldo is not as good as Beckham

Firstly, C Ronaldo is better than Beckham in some ways, but like all things, there are certain disadvantages.

Ronaldo is faster and more skillful, but Beckham is a much better deliverer of the ball. Just ask Ruud van Nistelrooy who he'd prefer crosses from.

Beckham's free-kicks clear the wall and his corners clear the first man. Ronaldo's generally don't.

Most people would prefer Beckham at the moment, for free-kick ability and sheer crossing ability alone.

Don't be sour just because he wanted to leave Man United - the fastest sinking ship in European football (behind Lazio).

Revelian