What happened to Free Kicks?

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by jasontoon, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So with the redesign of StL Today, my bookmark to Timmermann's blog broke. What's worse, there's no mention of Free Kicks on either the StL Today blog directory page or the new soccer page (which is all World Cup right now - no mention of AC at all). Anybody know what's going on?

2. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know exactly what you mean! I was thinking the same thing. Did Timmermann get fired? Pisses me off. His blog is a regular read for me.

3. Seph

Seph Member

Dec 2, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo., USA
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of his last posts before the redesign said that the website now puts the blog posts and articles all on the same "soccer" page and that he wasn't sure how to tell them apart.

4. wyountrx

wyountrx New Member

May 24, 2010
    Olivette/St. Louis
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I emailed him and he wrote back what Seph said: that the blog posts were now just going to be folded into the soccer coverage as articles. But of course, StL Today being what it is, there's some screw-up where none of the older/local pieces have been integrated yet.

Leave it the Post to kill a soccer blog during the World Cup. But at least Timmermann will still be covering soccer.

6. P@rick_STL

P@rick_STL New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    St. Louis
    Timmerman hasn't gone anywhere. He's still posting regularly (eg, here is his Friday morning warm-up post), but everything has moved.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/soccer/

I still haven't found a reasonable a feed to add to my newsreader, so please post it if you have one.

7. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also...anybody notice that there's an article on the Anelka firing?

:)